Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Room's Spinning

Ahh..nice to sit down and chill. It was just a rough day in general. Running went well this morning but I had another dizzy spell. The weird thing is it happens after I'm done running, after my shower, and it's not on a daily basis. I'm trying to piece it all together and am documenting it with my running log. What I'm eating the night before, the weather, etc. I'm just wondering if it's too hot in the bathroom. I can't make it any cooler though. My water is on the cold side, not warm at all, and I have the fan on. With no central air, that's all I can do. And I'm even giving myself time to chill before taking a shower. I get home, grab some gatorade, and allow the dogs to run around the backyard while I take it easy. I drink in moderation so it's not like I'm chugging anything down. The feeling is hard to explain. I get real hot, dizzy where I just want to lay on the ground, nauseous to the point of wanting to vomit, and also feeling like I need to defecate. All at the same time. I give myself time to recoup which takes 10-15 minutes. I then am able to make it downstairs and once I drink a slimfast shake I'm back to normal.

Another issue I've been having recently is feeling nauseous anytime I eat. Mom thinks it's heartburn, but I gotta say I disagree, because it doesn't feel like heartburn. I just think it's another way of my body telling me, "you can't eat junk anymore." Garbage in, garbage out. But I'm not eating junk for every meal. I guess the only thing that gives me reassurance is that David is having the same problem, so once again it makes me think that our bodies are just trying to re-align themselves.

And lastly, I've been so hot the past week and a half. If you know me, this is so unlike me. I'm always cold. But I find that I'm just burning up. I know what people are thinking now..."you're pregnant." Sorry guys, that's not the answer to my issues. Just another one of many body changes I'll go through throughout my life....maybe?

As for the rest of my rough day, all I gotta say is work. My boss isn't the easiest to get along with and often times seems like Jekyll and Hyde. Needless to say we tend to butt heads, which tends to increase tension. I just tend to dish back whatever I get....not always a good thing, but if you were in my situation I think you'd understand. Positive thoughts and self awareness....

Tonight I've just been catching up with blogs and listening to some Angra (neo-classical metal). Something that you wouldn't think I'd listen to, but it rocks. Just wish I could run to it...yeah, download Spread Your Fire and see if you could run to that! (think flashdance "maniac" with the girl running, but contstantly and 2-3 times the speed). Time for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a dizzy spell early in the year when I was showering after running on the eliptical. I had some of the similar symptoms that you mentioned. The shower I took was rather warm though. I attributed it to be dehydraded. I think I had something with high sodium (Chinese?) the night before and didn't drink anything in the morning before running for an hour. I drank a ton of water that day and gradually felt better. Just make sure you are hydrated.