Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nose Stuck In A Book

So the time is drawing nearer. The time for my national board examination to become a registered vet tech. It will be held in January. Just thinking about it gives me butterflies. Thankfully I have found a review book with practice tests/questions that will hopefully help me pass the thing. I can't believe how much information I have already lost from not using it, or don't know (stuff with lab animals and large animals). It frightens me. I'm also thankful that I've had downtime at work to allow me to use my time wisely. Although I'm thankful to have the book and be able to study, I'm not so thankful that I feel like my nose is constantly stuck in a book. My mind circles around memorization and making little "notations" or helpful hints to make me remember what I'm reading. Good thing I have an awesome memory....or at least did have an awesome memory in all past circumstances. Hopefully if I continue with my studying through repitition I'll retain some of it. Although this next month and a half are going to be awful long with the information swirling in my head and my anxiety breaking me down. Here's to more studying....

2 comments:

Therese said...

Best of luck, Heidi! I know a thing or two about test anxiety. Peppermint candy is great for clearing the mind (candy canes work, too).

BananaBuzzbomb said...

Never tried that...will do! Thank you!