Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things

So I was tagged by several people on Facebook to post 25 Random Things about myself. I posted my items on there, but figured I'd post them here too. Here's the deal:

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I like to turn on music and dance around the house for fun.

2. I have strong beliefs but as time goes on I question organized religion more and more.

3. Long ago I wanted to be a physical therapist or teacher when I grew up.

4. It’s weird for me to see people my age getting married, even though I’ve been married for 7 years.

5. I have no desire to have children. When a child walks in the room, no matter how well behaved, my anxiety and blood pressure go through the roof.

6. Every day that passes pushes me farther and farther away from having children. Thankfully David’s on the exact same page. I’ve been researching tubal ligation (having my tubes tied) for a year now. I’m looking forward to speaking to my doctor in a few months, hoping I can go through with the procedure.

7. I clean our bathroom almost every day.

8. I have no issues with commitment/marriage, but when it comes to friends/organizations I have issues. I want to become involved but have a hard time finding a happy medium. I become too involved, too fast, and the rest of my life takes a backseat.

9. I grew up recycling but stopped once we got married. Within the past year I’ve started back up and am absolutely obsessed with making sure I recycle every little thing.

10. 2 years ago I couldn’t run to the corner of my block. I’m not fast or pretty when I run, but I’ve now run a half marathon and am looking forward to training for a marathon.

11. If it weren’t so taboo I’d shave my head in a heartbeat. It’d be much easier.

12. David and I don’t have many individual/couple friends, but we’re content with that.

13. I absolutely love ice cream. I can down it in seconds flat, which catches people off guard.

14. After David went to boot camp I’ve had the desire to go through the experience myself. It’d be a huge challenge for me, and I’d like to see how I deal.

15. I make everything more complicated, no matter how easy it is. I like to know the ins and outs. The hows and whys. For instance, this should be a quick survey, but I’ve been in deep thought over it for the past few days, keeping notes.

16. Speaking of notes. I makes notes/lists of everything. Even when I know I won’t need them, I still make them.

17. I don’t know the last time I turned the tv on. I never watch it. However, I can’t go minutes without being connected to the internet.

18. I’m weird about my silverware. Certain kinds I can’t use, let alone eat with. The shape, the weight, it’s just wrong. It gives me the heebie jeebies. Thankfully regular restaurant silverware is usually ok.

19. I’m all about equality. If I eat with my right hand, I have to give my left hand equal opportunity. Or if I touch something…both hands have to have the same opportunity. This especially flares up when I’m having a bout of OCD.

20. I don’t have premonitions but sometimes I have feelings of discernment. I can’t always place who/what it is/when it will happen, but stuff happens. It doesn’t scare me, and I wish I could tap into it better.

21. I’ve never touched an illegal drug and have no desire to do so.

22. I want to get a tattoo but don’t know if I’ll ever have the guts to get one. It’s so….permanent. If I do, it will be personal and in a place that will not readily be seen.

23. The best decision I ever made was to get married at the age of 18 and get out of Ohio for some time.

24. I don’t think I have any fashion sense. I just wear what feels right and what I like. I do wish I could follow my heart more with what to wear. Sometimes my high school confidence comes back and I doubt myself.

25. I know our pets are not human, but I still hold conversations as if they are.

No comments: