Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Questionnaire

Received this from my friend Jen. Figured I needed to post something, so here it is.....

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. Never had a real one. Would love to but it's a no go with the kids.

3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving

5. Do you like eggnog? I like the fake stuff in small doses. Too much will get me sick. Never had the real kind.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My oh my. Loved so many. Absolutely loved my "wheal orwange" from St. Nick back in the day. The hardwood Barbie house ranks real high for sure. I'm sure I could think of more if I tickled my brain.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My Mom

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Is it up? No.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither usually, but will do a few mailed here and there.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't remember one that was the worst, but I can think of a few for my siblings....like fish socks for Ande'.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Pretty much love them all depending on my mood.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I keep an eye out any time of the year and makes notes. I start buying in November.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I'm aware of.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Grandma's Dream Cookies (aka cut out)

16. Lights on the tree? Grew up with white. David likes color. We compromise and change it up yearly.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Absolutely love Carol of the Bells because that was my rock out song in bell choir. But can't seem to rid my head of "ding fries are done" ever since hearing it. I can enjoy almost anything.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel before and stay at home for the holiday.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Nothing all that much. Maybe focusing too much of materialistic things (presents) and not on family and the real reason for Christmas.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Huh? Theme? Mine are all mix matched from Hallmark to homemade. As for color that depends on the year. Would love to do a theme but that'd get costly with how I like to change things up.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Not really sure. Gotta love the butt rolls though. Aunt Val's mud pie thingy. Aunt Daleen's Knox Blocks (even though I won't eat them anymore.....gelatin)

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Haven't made a Christmas list since I was a kid. This makes it hard for David.....thinking real hard I can say that I need a new dustbuster because mine is going. Not real fun, but when you're a OCD clean freak this gives me peace of mind.

That was fun. So discuss amongst yourselves. Post a comment with your own little questionnaire/answers. Post it on your blog. Do what you please, but have fun too! Have a very Happy Holiday Season!!

No comments: