Thursday, July 02, 2009

Decision

I'm pretty sure I've made it known that David and I do not want any children of our own. This is something that we decided about 2 years ago. Over that time our decision was solidified through our own day to day life experiences. It's not that we don't like children, we just feel it's not for us and that it's not our calling. These past few months we have met and spoken with several doctors in regards to our views to see what our options are. After speaking with them and doing our own personal research we have come to a final decision on the action we'll take to make our choice permanent. I'm sure our choice to make this permanent may catch some individuals off guard as we are younger in age. However, given that we have been together for 10 years and married nearly 7 of those 10 years, we are definite in our decision. We have also spoken to both sets of parents and they are more than accepting of our decision. Of course we are the ones to make the final decision, but having the support of your parents is appreciative. We're ready to take this step and will do so within the next month. We are also looking forward to the peace of mind it will give us.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Amen! As you know, I feel the same way. It is so funny to see peoples reactions when I tell them I don't have kids, and never wanted any. They look so shocked that someone would not want to breed! In return, I'm always surprised when people willingly have one, I understand a mistake, but on purpose?

They always say "you would love your own SO MUCH"! No doubt, but that seems so selfish to me to have a child so that I could have it around to love.

Stephanie