Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Froggy Mornings

I think it's safe to say that we've kidnapped Elwood =/ I can't help it. I fell in love with the little bugger. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I'd have a reptile and/or amphibian in our house. Not to mention, actually have them grow on me and care for them as much as I do. It's just crazy. I'm even purchasing, caring for, and feeding crickets to Elwood. It's been years since I hunted crickets as a kid. Thankfully they have all of these creative setups to avoid contact with the crickets. Even so, dealing with the crickets doesn't bother me. I just find it funny. He's so neat and has such a personality. Of course most people will call me crazy for saying/thinking that, but it's true.

As time goes on Elwood's becoming more and more comfortable and settling into a schedule. He's nocturnal so he comes out at night, I spend time with him, and then he'll still be out when we rise in the morning. About a week ago I was vacuuming in the morning and I heard a noise. I stopped and found that the noise was Elwood croaking. Cool! David had already left for work, but I told him about it. He has made the noise since, but David has never been able to hear it. I've only heard him do it while I vacuum and in the morning hours. This morning I thought I could make him croak for David so I grabbed the vacuum in hopes of motivating him. He proved me wrong and no noise was made. After David left I started to actually clean with the vacuum and there he went croaking away. I thought, "Aha! I'll catch it on camera." So I grabbed the camera, started recording, and started to vacuum. Nada sound. After 3 takes it was a no go. I'm started to feel like the guy in "One Froggy Evening." with Michigan J. Frog. He'll only perform for me. Don't know if that's a good thing or not. Maybe I should feel special.

No comments: