Friday, July 17, 2009

I Know You See Me

My morning runs are varied this year. What it comes down to is my varied schedule, my body feeling like poo from some unknown abdominal discomfort, and me not worried about every little thing I put in my mouth and thinking what I have to do to burn it off. I make it out, when I make it out, and run how long I want to run. With that being said, I'm still out running in the morn quite regularly. Enough to see people, and some of the same people, on my runs. I'm not expecting to form some sort of camaraderie with them or anything, however I'm not the type to ignore someone that is several feet from me. Especially if it's a quiet morning without anyone/anything going on around you. I say a simple, "good morning." But, 9.9 times out of 10 I get nothin' from people I pass. I kid you not. They totally ignore me. Sometimes they make eye contact, sometimes they don't. It flabbergasts me. Don't act like you don't see me as I run toward you in my bright hot pink running tank. And don't act like you don't hear me, because surely I'm loud enough.
I will admit, I'm a morning person. I'd prefer to get up at the buttcrack of dawn for the serenity, than be a night owl. I've been know to get up 2 or more hours before having to be at school/work, just so I can clean, read, and get things in order for the day. I understand not everyone is this way....however, even if you're not a morning person I think you can manage a simple "good morning." Heck, a "mornin'." is fine.

On that note....Good Mornin' Ya'll! Have an excellent Friday!

No comments: