Sunday, June 04, 2006

Aren't We Too Young?

Hope this finds everyone well as we enter into a new week. I do like mondays as it is a fresh start to a new week. That's why I've always said mondays were my favorite day of the week. We did some family things on saturday. David worked in the morning, came home, met the rents at panera bread for breakfast, then went to Petco's grand opening and got some free food. Can't complain about anything free. Headed home, hung out, then headed back out to Subway around noon, and then the call came. David's mom left a "teary" message saying, "call home asap." Never a good sign. So we called her immediately and found out one of David's good friends from high school died. She received a phone call from the guy's mom and was told to send the message along. David's and his family were really close with both him and his family so it's been pretty hard. We decided to head over to his rents house and then went to the mom's house to do anything we could. She had been out of state for about a week and came home to the police at her front door giving her the news. They still are going to perform an autospy to find out what exactly occured, however it looks as though it was intentional suicide. Gosh, why didn't he call someone? He's had on and off issues with depression as most everyone has. He's also in the Army and was actually one of the guys who caught Saddam Hussein. He has pictures and all. I know he has issues due to many things that have gone on in his life and that had been going on, but of course with things as they are, the war issue definitely stands out in my mind. I haven't met too many of our friends that have come back from the desert who are "normal". Most want to go back and I think it's because they have a sense of accomplishment when they're there. Most of all they feel needed over there and I think when they come home they feel they have unfinished business because of the men they lost over there and that everything is still going on there and it doesn't look even close to the end. Of course, this is just my viewpoint. I know I've been asking for a lot of prayers on my blog for the past few postings, but I must ask once again for prayers to surround the family and all the individuals around them. It's crazy. Every so often you'll hear of someone who's passed that was in one of the grades around you or someone you never really knew, but then it hits close to home. I know, it's one of those things you go through in life. You know how you near the end of junior high, entering into high school your relatives start passing away. Aren't we too young to be having our peers die at this point? You know, I expected it to occur, but not at this point. Then a few months ago one of my friends from high school was diagnosed with a form of leukemia. He had been married for just under a year and his wife had just found out she was pregnant. It sounds so horrible of me, but I do not know how he is at this point as I have no contact information and I only had heard everything through different individuals. I can only pray that God is with them as they go through this trying time. As with most of my posts this one probably doesn't make sense as I'm just spouting off, but death and words don't often go together that easily.

No comments: