Friday, June 16, 2006

Presents???

sorry to those that check my blog pretty frequently. I just haven't been in the writing mood this week, so it was a no blog week for me. Father's day weekend is here and my gift ideas have basically been killed and nothing has really worked out how I'd hoped them to. I wanted to get David an XBox 360. But at $400 I wanted to exchange all of his old stuff in and get as much as we could for it toward the new one. But I cannot get the old one out of the house without him knowing. Not to mention I wouldn't know what components to take and not take to trade in. And I'm not sure what games/controllers I could trade in without him making him "upset". So I called the stores and figured maybe they'd allow me to buy the new one then bring his old stuff in and put it toward the original purchase of the new one. But no, if I did that I'd have to get store credit. No go. In addition, David has recently had thoughts of pursuing a further education, which I'm totally for, but that would change our financial situation in a major way. I just wanted to surprise him this once. Bummer. Then dad's gift. J and Cass surprised him by coming into town and we're all going to head down to mansfield tomorrow night for the races...so that's good. But my actual gift to him has been a full out struggle. Once again, I'd like to actually get my dad something this year and try to surprise him, but I'm having trouble finding the thing I need and when I find one, it's not the one I want to get him. Grrrr.....David says I've been one edge this week. I wonder why. I just hate gift giving and actually I hate getting gifts half the time too. First of all the secret thing...I can't keep something that I'm excited about to myself....especially with my husband. And I hate people trying to keep secrets around me, especially when it's obvious. It just irritates me. And I hate opening presents in front of people. I'm one of those people that I show my emotions totally through my face. And you can tell that I either hate it or love it. Oooh, as I look back and read this I'm just in a crappy mood or something. I better get to bed...hopefully I'll wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow.....

No comments: