Friday, June 09, 2006

He's Okay

Anyone ever feel like you've run all week and look back and all you see is a bunch of jumble and you still happen to have tons of more stuff to do on your list? That's how I feel. We had tons of birthdays in our family this week and I feel like such a horrible person that I didn't get to half of the people or even send cards or anything. So Cassie, Grandma, Devin, and Ande'....we love you and hope you all had wonderful birthdays. It was also Viking's 4th birthday on Thursday. I can't believe he's already 4! I have tons of yardwork to do this weekend. And I want to get some organizing/cleaning done too. I'm probably going to do it while David goes out with his sister and her husband, to the movies. The week seemed so odd and I can only attribute that to the passing of our friend. Our thoughts and actions were consumed with him...and as most of you know I analyze situations and just couldn't put it out of my mind. However, I have a peace about it. Even when Sita called us I knew something was wrong and when David told me my heart went out to the family, but I just had an inner peace about it. My MIL calls it discernment...you can call it whatever you want but it's a comforting feeling. I am a large dreamer when I sleep and also a believer that people who have passed meet us in our dreams. Well, that evening Phil, our friend, met me in my dreams. He didn't say anything but I did ask him "why?" He didn't say anything but just looked at me. Then God arrived. Although I couldn't make out a face I knew it was Him. And I asked Him "Will you take him?" Although no one physically spoke to me in my dream, the calmness continued and I knew that more than likely I already knew my answer. Then the funeral day arrived. It was nice to see everyone that came together to remember him. We watched the chaplain and another gentleman walk to the front of the room and then it happened. The Chaplain opened his mouth and I had my answer from God. It was as though God put his arms around me and whispered in my ear, "he's okay and here with me". The feeling was so overwhelming that I just wanted to fall on the floor and raise up and praise Jesus at the same time. I know many people probably don't believe in this type of thing or understand it. And in all honesty I do not understand it either, but I trust in Him. I cannot tell you why Phil chose me to "visit" and cannot explain in true colors the immensity or intensity of feelings that came over my body. However, I do know that they happened and all things happen for a reason. Needless to say it was a long day of emotions. As I stated I had peace with the situation but seeing everyone else cry leads me to get teary eyed. Then we were in the processional and turned the corner to enter the cemetary and there were approx. 10 veterans/civilians standing on the side of the road. Each with their own flag. Some saluting, some with their hands over their hearts. Just out to honor Phil. I lost it. There was even a sign in front of a restaurant saying "God Bless You" for him. Whew, just sitting here writing this the tears come back. I hope everyone has an enjoyable and productive weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi & David. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! Can't wait to see you guys!

Love,
Cassie

Anonymous said...

Heidi Bug,
I went to "Bed-side Assembly" today. Alpa went to church. I still am too emotional. I don't want to cry uncontrollably, and I know if I start, that's what will happen. Sooo, I went on the computer and read your blog. I must admit, I cried anyway. Praise God for your "gift of discernment." I am so thankful to read, in full, your dream and your messages from the holy spirit and Phil. I want,so badly, any nugget of peace that's out there. Thank you for this message. I hope you save your writing's somewhere, to keep forever. I love you,
Sita