Friday, June 02, 2006

Up...Down...Up...Down

hmmm...it was an interesting day. It was a very busy day at work. We were double booked today. It made for a fast, yet crazy afternoon. I came home to find David feeling under the weather. Bummer, I was looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully he'll get better. So instead of just sitting around I got out and mowed/edged the lawn since it needed it so bad...already! Then I called mom to see what was up with her. She was just about to call me to see if she could bring Sloopy over and then she hit me with something. She said, "have you read aunt cindy's blog?" I said, "no. is it good or bad?" And she said, "bad, you just have to read it." come to find out my aunt cindy's not in remission. You see, she was diagnosed with a form of Leukemia over a month ago and has been through 2 rounds of chemo so far. The first one didn't knock out all the cells. Then they thought she was good to go after the second round. They came to her saying the preliminary reports showed she was good. Then they hit her with a bomb today saying there were still 3% left. So now it's on to the bone marrow transplant with her sister being a match. She'll have a month to go home and rest and then back to the hospital she'll go. The huge bummer for her is that she'll miss her sons wedding this month. She has so many individuals behind her supporting her and praying for her. But I ask anyone who reads this to please say a prayer for her and her family. Mainly just to keep them strong and focused as they go through this trying time. She is an amazing woman that has been through so much...we all know she can make it through this, it is just so horrible that she was the one chosen to go through it. On a lighter note, one of my wonderful friends was married today in New Orleans today. I haven't spoken to her in awhile as she has been very busy planning and getting ready. I tried to phone her yesterday but she didn't answer, so I left a message. David and I had hoped to go but could not due to our job schedules, $, and even trying to find a hotel room. I hope she had one of the best days of her life today and enjoyed every moment. I'm sure she did. Amy, if you read this, I love you and Congrats! Can't wait to talk to you. Not sure what this weekend holds for us. I don't plan on doing any home improvement projects anytime within the next week or so. I don't think my knees or pocketbook could handle it right now! Maybe we'll just try to relax...yeah right. Me, relax?

No comments: