Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Can't Think Of A Subject

Don't know what I want to write about today. I just know I want to write. The stairs and landing turned out awesome. We are really pleased with how they look and just everything about them. We love the color too. It's called galvanized but shoot, when I look at it I think of brownie batter. We still have our little touches to add with those things that go between the doorways, etc. But it's basically done. And we got done in great time. We started it Friday morning with me tearing up the carpet on the landing, then David coming home and tearing up the steps. Then that evening we sanded and filled cracks for about 2 hours. The next morning David got off of work about 8:30 and worked until around 11 with sanding the putty and cleaning up. I came home from work and we started painting around 2. Got finished around 6 (slow start due to the crevices). Then came back and put a second coat on at 8. And then we had a late night out. Went to Chili's and Walmart just to get out of the house since we couldn't go upstairs due to the paint. By midnight it was dry enough to walk on. That gave us Sunday to do whatever we wanted. I like little jobs. Don't we all wish they'd go that fast and as smooth? I'm just about done with the summer semester of school. I'm ready for it to be done so I can have a month off (kind of). It's already time to schedule my next set of classes. And since it's online I can basically get all of my info. So once I get my books I can start going. So that's why I say I have a month off kind of. Because you know me. If I can jumpstart and get ahead of everything I feel much better so I don't have to stress every week when assignments are due. By the time things need to be sent in I like to just have my preceptors sign and send it on it's way. I'm still working on my videos too. At this time I've been pricing DVD burners as I just found out the other day my computer can read/write CD's but only read DVD's. Bummer. But I want to get them on DVD so I can take them down to Florida when we go. Oh yeah, I don't know if I ever posted that I'm going to Florida at the end of next month. I'm so excited about it. It's going to be a mini vacation. Mom was planning on going down and decided to call and ask if I wanted to go. I jumped on that since the tickets were cheap....I want to see the rest of the fam...and I just need to get away. I was worried David would be upset as he would want to get out of here too. But he's excited to have the house to himself and not worry about cleaning up after himself, etc. Is that wrong that he wants me out of the house???? Not to mention, that's when Madden comes out so he said he'll be keeping himself busy with that. Time to get ready for work. Great....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look clean and warm. Nice choice. You guys do nice work!!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi and David,
Don't you feel great having finished another project around the house ? I bet it looks fantastic.Take care and enjoy Life.
Linda P.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»