Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Wonderful Husband

I've been so bad with not writing in my blog for the past week. Sorry guys, when you're working full-time, going to school, and trying to keep a household up and running oftentimes it's overlooked. What'd we doing this past weekend.....Saturday started off with me working. We weren't seeing patients and basically we were just "open" for people to come and pick up meds or food, so the day started out slow. Then I got home from work and I wanted to be outside and get at least a little sun this summer, so we decided to go to East Harbor beach. You see, my husband has a dark complexion and tans immediately or is always just dark, whereas I'm whiter than white and I have to go through the burn cycle before tanning. I hate taking any pictures with him because the camera adjusts to his face and you can see him fine, and my face is just a white blotch. Not a pretty sight. So as I stated, I was hoping to get some sun. Needless to say the beach was way hot and packed so we didn't stay that long. But it was quite relaxing, even with the running kids kicking up sand on us everytime they passed. We cruised around for a bit over there and then came home and I laid out in the backyard with the dogs a bit too. I didn't get very much sun but I did get a tiny bit, so I can't complain about an all in all good day out. I do have to say I was quite self conscious before leaving as I was going to wear a bikini out. You have to understand.....I don't wear bikinis out. I stick with the speedo 1 piece and that last time I wore a bikini was when we went to Myrtle Beach when I was about 8 years old. I was kind of worried thinking "I don't know about this. I'm a little exposed" And of course, I don't have "the perfect body". But I just took a deep breath and went. And I was totally comfortable. I think it's one of those things...I'm no longer in high school so really I don't have to worry. I'm not saying I should let myself go or anything, but if you look back you're always thinking and comparing yourself. Ah, it all washes out in the wash and not to mention you think back and say, "Why would I have even worried about it then...I shouldn't have." That evening we went to famous dave's at cedar point. It was good and we had a great time even though we waited about 45 minutes for a seat. Haven't done that in awhile. Sunday...what did we do Sunday? Ah, we woke up and went to David's 'rents and worked on their yard before they came back from Cancun (which by the way they had an awesome time....glad to have you home sita and alpa!) We trimmed, mowed, and cut their bushes in front of their house. It kind of looks as though they were slightly butchered in some areas, but you have to understand, they were growing into each other and killing themselves, so we had to do what we had to do, and give them a few weeks, they'll grow back. So that looks nice. And then we chilled the rest of the day. Oh! I almost forgot about friday! Pirates came out and we are huge fans so all day I was wanting to go, but we don't do opening day on those types of things due to the amount of people. So I came home sat on the couch with David and he said, "well I'm hungry...go change so we can get going." So I headed upstairs and come to find 2 tickets to the movies and an outfit waiting for me. Sweet! I was excited. So we got there way early and got great seats....if you can call any seats in a non-stadium-like style theater great. And the movie was awesome!! It's been getting poor reviews, but if you're a true pirates/depp fan you'd love it. We want to see it again. I just love my husband. And then last night I came home to a full sit down dinner unexpectedly. He had spaghetti with grilled chicken (he actually grilled), topped with fresh mozzarella, and hot mama garlic bread.....so good. I can think of a new reason everyday why I love him. I can't believe it will be 4 married years on thursday. That's just crazy talk....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl...why would you of all people have issues with your body and wearing a bikini esp. after getting a size 4 jeans? You're crazy. You've always had a great body. Everyone in your family does. I've long since learned that there will always be people smaller than me at the beach, but all I really need to do is take a good look and most of the people are actually bigger than me and by the way I don't wear a size 4 or even a 6 anymore. Besides the only one you need to impress will really love you no matter what size or shape you take on. Anyone can see how much David really loves you. So enjoy the 4 and many more years you will have together. I love you both. Camie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad ya finally took advantage of the lake. Forget about others, ya only live once. Be happy in your own skin. God don't make junk, ya know.

I'm so excited for next month. We will have soooo much fun. You and Me!! Glad ta have ya.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi and David,
Just wanted to say Happy Anniversary.The greatest joy in life is sharing it with the one you Love.
Enjoy your day and many more.
Linda P.

Anonymous said...

Heidi and Dave,
You two are a great looking couple .Again I say
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.
Linda P.