Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Zoo It Is



It's just before 7am and I've had three crappy nights of sleep. On Wednesday evening I kept dreaming about the two dogs we had at work. One has a broken leg and had surgery, he's a puppy, and the other an older boxer who we have no idea what's wrong with him...possibly something neurological (cervial lesions?) So I just couldn't sleep. I kept thinking...what did I forget to day? And then I was so worried that one of them wouldn't be alive when I got to work. What a horrible feeling. And with my "discernment" this also freaks me out because often times my thoughts are things that actually occur. But they were fine when I arrived the next morning....whew! Thursday night I'm not sure what was going on. My body kept saying, okay it's time to get up, but the clock was saying 3am, then it was 4am....so my mind had to keep saying, "hey! this is my late day for work, I get to sleep in. Chill out!" And last night I kept dreaming about drug doses and doing formulations in my head. What's up with this? I guess it's obvious that I need a few days off of work. As I've said it the past, I am an active dreamer, and I so wish I could turn my mind off for just one night a week. So we're going to the Columbus Zoo today. We're planning on leaving at 9am, and I had my alarm set at 8am....and you know my body had to get up at 6am. Argh! It's kind of funny that I got up this morning and read everyone's blog and come to find out Erika was up at 3am. I definitely feel for you girl! Especially being pregnant and all. I don't think I could do it. Yesterday was Lily Bean's birthday. Can you actually believe I almost forgot?! I was eating breakfast and looked over to the calendar and there it was. Not sure why, but a few days ago I was thinking it was in August. Must have been a brain fart. So you know we showered her with love all day long (as if we don't already). And then last night Nana and Pawpaw came over with Sloopy and we had cake and presents. They all have their birthdays in June so they get tons of cake during the month but then have to wait an extra long time for more. David's 'rents are heading down to Mexico tomorrow for their anniversary. Have fun Sita and Alpa! May God grant you traveling mercies. I'm so excited to go to the zoo! I went to the animal fair. The birds and the beast were there. The big baboon by the light of the moon was combing his auburn hair.....
Happy Birthday Lily Bean!

No comments: