Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fun Day At The Zoo

David and I had a great day at the zoo. It was nice to get out in the summer weather and just chill. It was pretty busy and I must say it was stroller hell with everyone and their children. It doesn't bother us so much, however the parents and kids that push you out of the way after you patiently wait to see the exhibit can drive you nuts. You know those that feel that they are entitled to see it before you because they have a kid. Anyway, we were waiting in line for our food when David looked at me and said, "You know, I really can't ever see us having kids" (we do not plan on having kids...I know everyone says, your thoughts will change...yadah yadah yadah...but we believe whatever will be, will be) And if we do ever want to have children, we will put ourselves a situation such as that again to see if that's what we really want. I think it was a good warm up for us going to Disney in December. As I stated earlier we do not have anything against the whole family thing, it's just the annoying families and their bratty kids that are an issue. We definately have a wonderful time just chilling and taking it easy going from one thing to the next, and that's what we like about the freedom. And I can honestly say I didn't have any anxiety today, which usally would be an issue, but I just went in with the mindset of not having a set plan and just staying chill and it worked. It was wonderful. Time to get to bed....check out our picture site for pics of the zoo...they're almost all of animals, which I know isn't really that fun to look at especially if you weren't there, but oh well.....
http://davidandheidi.shutterfly.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics, Heidi. Enjoyed them!
Love,
Mom

erika said...

Hi Heidi,
Don't feel bad for me, I slept in till 9:30 this morning!!! I try to make sure I'm not one of those parents you are talking about because I remember encountering them when we were childless and tried to enjoy a family-style activity. Oh and Lily is sooo cute and very lucky to have been rescued by such wonderful parents.
Love, Erika