Friday, April 18, 2008

10.14 Miles And Donuts

I got in a run before going into work today. It was my longest run to date at 10.14 miles and I'm darn proud of that. My previous longest run was 9.54 miles back on 2/16 when Erika was in town. It was right when my knee was starting to go. It was also right before my running mileage went downhill, due to my injury. After rest and rehabilitation I worked my way back into running. Being at over 10 miles today I feel confident in saying I'm not only back to where I was before, but also on the up and up.

I must admit my hold out of having a donut at the completion of the Cleveland 1/2 Marathon has been broken. While on my run today I made a pit stop at the 'rents to lube up my thighs with some vaseline. My poor legs were rubbed raw from not having that sort of skin on skin friction in some months. When I stopped I found my mom was home, taking a day off of work. By the time I made it back to the house, 5 miles later, I found donuts on our counter with a little note from mom. The 1/2 marathon is a month away but I still dug into the donuts and it was quite heavenly, and I was ever so grateful to my mom for going out, getting donuts, and dropping them off. Since that goal is now out the window, anyone have any other suggestions? In all honesty I don't need a goal or reward. But it's always nice to have something to look forward to. My reward will be saying, "1 year ago I couldn't make it down to the corner without feeling like I was going to fall out. Today I participated in a 1/2 marathon and finished." That's good enough for me.

8 comments:

Sita said...

Hey Bug,
I think we should get gramma to make a big home-made mexican feast!
Yum!
Love,
seeter

BananaBuzzbomb said...

I'd be game for that!

Sita said...

Told G-ma. She said, "We can arrange that!" hmmm, your place...and the rents too ! YUM!

erika said...

Congrats on the milestone, Heidi! Just think...3 more miles and you would have run a half marathon. Pretty impressive.

Welcome back to the blogosphere. If people don't like what you have to say, they can simply stop reading. It's your site and your voice so write out loud.

Oh, and aren't moms the greatest? They know just how to make us smile.

Anonymous said...

Did somebody say Mexican Feast???

Jacki said...

Wow, over 10 miles! That's really impressive! Congrats, Heidi. :)

GrandmaQ said...

Grandma is set up with an account now. Yeah! (from J)

BananaBuzzbomb said...

Good to hear Grandma's set up. Thanks J!