Tuesday, April 29, 2008

203.07

I have hit my next running milestone. I have surpassed 200 miles to date so far this year. I'm just as thrilled, if not more than when I hit my 100 mile mark. I know I've said it in many previous posts, but it simply amazes me when I look at how far I've come. Just awesome. It's that feeling that gives you a little high. In just 2 days I will have been running a year. I look back and compare my first full week of running (make that walking/running) and see that I had only 1.5 miles. And that was 3 runs worth! Now I'm putting out 20+ miles a week, oftentimes with the same amount of runs. I know at some point in my running "career" miles will be miles but I still have that beginners mentality of, "I can't believe I've done that!" And for now I just want to soak it up and enjoy it.

3 comments:

erika said...

Yay, Heidi! Just wait until you cross the finish line after running 13.1 miles. That feeling will stay with you always. You have accomplished so much in one year...be proud.

Sita said...

ENJOY!
That's unbelievable! Think back to when you and the Boy would munch hot donuts for pleasure. Now-take pleasure in this awesome accomplishment that both of you are truly "Runners." You "Go" girl.
Blessings,
Sita

Jan said...

WOW, that is unbelievable. Is this the same little girl that signed up for track but said she couldn't run? You never cease to amaze me. Congrats on the new milestone. On to the next 100.