Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Another Landmark

With the 1/2 marathon getting closer and closer (38 days til the race) my mileage has been slowly increasing. (I've been more careful this time around due to my knee.) With my mileage increase I've been able to make up for lost mileage due to weather, for the Diabetic Challenge. After this morning's run I have now surpassed 150 miles for the year. Once again, this is may be chump mileage for some but I'm still at the point in my running "career" that everyday I get out there I'm proud of myself for trying to do something I didn't think I could do. Not only did I think that I couldn't run but I definitely never dreamed I'd be putting up the mileage I have. It's just crazy. I'm not putting out the 7-8 minute miles like some either. I'm quite happy at my pace, even if I'm the tortoise of the bunch. Hey, slow and steady. I may not win the race, but I'll finish.

In other running news, with the nicer weather David's been able to get out the past several days. He definitely seems happier being able to get out and feels good. Even in the few runs he's had he feels his pace increasing by the day. Yep, he's definitely the hare of our "team".

I see rain in our future forecast and the temps are going to drop some, but I hope that this decent weather continues over the next month.

No comments: