Saturday, July 12, 2008

Make Them Wonder

Most of you know I dig graphic tees with different things on them. For instance my Jesus shirt. When we were in Texas I also got several other tees including this:

I figured I've changed my lifestyle for over a month and qualify for wearing it. Not to mention it fits perfectly with all of my other tees. Hey, I never said I was a fashion diva. Not even close. Jeans, tees, or scrubs. That's my wardrobe. So I put this shirt on today and couldn't help but giggle several times today. Let me explain...

Situation Number 1-Greyhounds are not allowed off of their leashes (unless in a reinforced fenced in area). As a recommendation we were told to purchase a Predatory Squawker (a hunting call maker) to keep near our backdoor. It's said that Greyhounds are trained using these and when they hear them, they should come. So if Spencer were to get loose it'd give us a better chance of having him return. So we went out searching a squawker at the local sporting stores. As I searched in the hunting section I looked down at my shirt and started laughing. Here's a girl that claims to be a vegetarian shopping in the hunting section. I'm sure I had the workers and other customers wondering.

Situation Number 2-Tomorrow is David's and my anniversary. For memories sake we wanted to go out to dinner at a restaurant that holds a special place in our hearts. We went there for all of our special occasions including the night before our wedding. The restaurant is Angry Bull in Huron. For those that don't know, they are a local "higher end" steakhouse known for their great steaks and seafood. So here I come walking in with my vegetarian tee. I had to laugh once again. You may ask what I ate. I ordered a loaded baked potato and had the bread with cherry butter (yum!) That may not seem like much but believe it or not even before I became vegetarian I never ate a steak at the restaurant. David and I would always split a plate and I'd steal the potato while he ate the steak. Guess we're cheap, but I don't mind and it's always a great potato. Some may beg to differ but it doesn't take much to please me.

So I'm sure I had some people wondering today as I went through the day wearing my vegetarian tee. Ah well, I've always said, act weird and make them wonder.

2 comments:

Jan said...

You need to let them know that your Mother had to "explain" the meaning behind the t-shirt. Duh?

BananaBuzzbomb said...

Oh yeah... =) I just thought the dinosaur was cute at the time, I didn't correlate the two together. Hey, my medication has slowed me down a bit....