Monday, February 09, 2009

Blog To Blog

I want to post something on here, but have no idea what to write about. Yeah, me, have nothing to write/talk about....that never happens.

Let's start with runnning.....My past 2 runs have been awesome. Yesterday I pulled off 2 10-minute miles. Today wasn't as great as that, but I'm shaving time off slowly. My speed isn't something I worry about....I'll never be fast, but I'd still like to be around a comfortable 10 minute mile. After that I'm looking for a comfortable, sustainable 10 minute mile. I've done 10 minute miles before, but it's been awhile. I find it easier to go faster outside, especially when David puts fire under my butt. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the 'mill and without David at this time. Over the past 6 months I've become lax with myself on a multitude of levels, whether it's with running or my diet. Of course, when you fall of the horse, even if it's a slow fall, it takes time, patience, and determination to get back on. And not only that, but stay on. My running schedule was so crazy, but I think I've finally got back to running 3-4 times a week. I would like to do more, but dealing with poor weather/darkness, which forces me to the gym, and being at the mercy of gym hours and my work hours, I have to settle for what I can get/give. Better weather will be here before I know it, which will allow me to run outside, and allow me to give more to my running. I'm looking forward to it. My eating practices? Well, that's a whole different story. I'm sucking at that too, but it's coming back to me slowly. I don't want to get to the point where I was before...too OCD, but I'd like to do better for myself. I can say that I don't remember that last time I had Burger King, McDonald's, or Wendy's....that's easy being a vegetarian, but that still doesn't mean I avoid "bad" things. Sweets are my downfall.

Next subject....my finger. It's getting better. And much faster than expected. I couldn't believe when I woke up the following morning that a paper cut on my other hand actually hurt worse than the bite wound. Go figure. I'm still applying ointment regularly and I'm sure it will be better before I know it.

The thaw....It's been abnormally warm the past few days. Looks like it will keep up for the next 2 days, then snow is expected on Thursday. Yuck. No more snow please. With the warmer temperatures means the snow is melting, which also means a muddy backyard. Not that we ever had an awesome kept backyard, but I've come to the conclusion our yard will never be the same now that Spencer's in the picture. That's okay though. After the thaw it was our first experience having to pick up massive amounts of poo. Not very fun. I've very thankful that 2 of our 3 dogs are litter box trained.

Next gig....We're still waiting to hear when David's next gig is. I'll post here when we know more....but as of this moment it looks like it won't be in a smoke-filled bar, and a decent setting. We shall see.

Well, this was an unexciting post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, about your finger, you could be a werewolf now. It makes sense. Bitten by a dog, finger is healing fast, great running ability...hmmmmm, YUP, you're a werewolf!