Thursday, May 08, 2008

An Answer To My Problem

So, this is the deal. I found a cheap CE option that's local. Problem is that it's next week....half marathon's next week. I had originally ruled it out because of the marathon. And if it weren't for Doc saying, "You might want to look into it...." I wouldn't have reassessed the situation. Actually, he wanted me to drop out of the Half just to attend the conference. He said, "I think you have to get your priorities straight." Right.....my priorities are straight. I haven't put my heart, soul, sweat, and pain into this only to come up empty handed. Yeah, so what if "there are a million other races that come around." This ones mine. I claim it and I'm not going to give it up. Not to mention I'm not going to be out our entry fee $ either. So, instead of attending the whole conference I'll attend Thursday and Friday, getting 9.5 hours toward my 16 hour requirement. Then I'll make the rest up with odds and ends here and there that I've found. I already have 3 more hours lined up. Good to go. And as stated in my previous post, the school will work with me in regards to the time I'll be down in Texas and not here working. Meaning, I'll just use my time down there towards my 20 hour requirement for that specific week if need be. Whew. After looking at the situation and moving things around I've saved around $1000. Of course I still need to pay for my trip to Texas, etc. but that was already in my plans.

But the conference along with my first week of school (and getting my first week's assignments done), a doctor's appointment, a hair appointment, going up to Cleveland Saturday, and then the half marathon Sunday it's looking like a hectic week. Not to mention, even though I'm going to taper my running I still have to fit in some running and time to pack. Hopefully I'll fit in more miles than I have so far this week. With the not so nice weather and a pounding heading yesterday (when I say pounding, I mean darn close to a migraine) I haven't run since Sunday. Ouch. Gotta get out there. Tonight's not looking to promising but I got to try.

1 comment:

Sita said...

Hey Bug,
Maybe Sunday night we can fit in a massage. Let me know. How are you sleeping?
xxxooo
sita