Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged by Erika, the Super Runner.

The Rules:
Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 6 people to be tagged, list their names & why you tagged them. Don’t forget to leave them a comment saying “You’re it!” & to go read your blog. You cannot tag the person that tagged you, so since you’re not allowed to tag me back; let me know when you are done so I can go read YOUR weird/random/odd facts, habits and goals.

Here they are:

1. Sometimes I find pleasure in the grossest things. For instance, cat abscesses at work. It’s kind of like popping a huge pimple. It’s great to see the pus spew out of the hole. The chunkier the better.

2. I’m right handed but when I eat I switch back and forth between hands. I do this out of habit and because I feel I’m “unbalanced” if I only use one hand and not the other.

3. I’m a morning person and always have been. I get up early before work to have plenty of time to prepare my mind for the rest of the day. I’d rather get up and be sitting around rather than be running around. It gives me “me time.” I’ll read a book, finish a school assignment, or clean. Even on my days off I often get up with David so I can have a few hours to myself and not waste it sleeping. I also have an internal clock that tends to go off a few minutes to a few moments before my alarm goes off. And when I get up I’m usually ready and raring to go.

4. I’m obsessed with lint rollers. I have one in the upstairs bathroom, in the kitchen, and carry a mini-roller in my purse. Not only that but I have back stock in my linen closet. If you stop by the house more often than not I’ll either have the lint roller or dustbuster in my hand de-hairing the couch, some other object in the house, or myself. That’s what happens when you have 4 shedding animals and work with animals all day too.

5. I can’t leave home without a zip up hoodie. I always get cold while in buildings so it’s most convenient to have one available at all times. It’s almost like a security blanket. I have an assortment of black and gray ones to choose from that I rotate throughout the week.

6. I don’t have the most beautiful yard, however I absolutely hate dandelions. I have a tool called a Weed Hound. I’ll travel around the yard pulling out the weeds. I’ll drive up, see a dandelion, park my car, go get the Weed Hound, pull the dandelion, throw it away, and then go about whatever I was doing.

7. I’ve been in college for 7 years with a 1-year hiatus. Yet, I still don’t have a degree. Soon enough I’ll have my associate’s degree in Veterinary Technology. I’ll be happy and proud but at the same time I can’t believe this is something that’s taken so long for only a 2-year degree. Quoting from the movie Tommy Boy, “ You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.” “I know, they're called doctors.” Ah well. At least I’ll have a degree. Unfortunately it’s not something that’s easily transferable if I ever want to leave the field.

8. I had braces for 2 years in high school. To this day I still wear both of my retainers every night. I didn’t go through that pain for nothing.

9. Fashion really isn’t important to me. I don’t necessarily like to conform to society norms. It’s not that I want to be different; I just want to be me. If I like it, I’ll wear it. If not, then I don’t. I tend to gravitate to bright colors and like things that are not necessarily the popular thing. With that being said, my lifestyle/location doesn’t really allow me to translate those feelings into what I actually wear. My wardrobe consists of jeans, t-shirts, scrubs, and running clothes. I wish I could pull off wearing trendier/different clothes every so often, but in Sandusky, Ohio I may be looked at like a weirdo. Of course that has never stopped me before, but it would also be pointless for me to have more options to choose from. It’d be a waste of money and closet space having nowhere to wear them. I’m going to get dressed up to go grocery shopping? Don’t think so. In addition, I tend to veto many tops I see just for the simple fact that there’s no way to appropriately support my chest. And this girl ain’t going braless. So instead of thinking too hard about what I wear I’ll slip on some jeans and a t-shirt. T-shirts with quirky/crazy/creative sayings always cheer me up.

10. I wish I could somehow turn my love for animals, photography, computers, cleaning, and other hobbies into a financial resource. Meaning, create a business(es). Not necessarily everything combined. I’m always trying to think of something creative to piece together. Of course I don’t know if I’d ever have the guts to actually act on my thoughts.

Who’s up next:

Dad, I know you’ve been tagged by KD, but I’d really like to see you blogging again.

Mom, even though you don’t technically have a blog, I think you’d enjoy it.

Aunt Therese, because I find it enjoyable to hold a conversation with you but don’t know much about you.

Jen, because it seems so long since I’ve talked to you.

Randy, because I’m sure you’ll play along.

David, because even though we’ve been married for almost 6 years, I’m still learning new things about you everyday. Why stop now?

No comments: