Wednesday, September 06, 2006

DW!

I got a great call yesterday evening. My brother called and told me that he just heard on the radio that David Wesley was traded to the Cleveland Cavs? Say what? Nah, you're joking! But guess what? He wasn't joking. I had to do the happy dance. You see, David Wesley was my favorite basketball player in New Orleans. He played for the Hornets while we were down there. I even have his autograph. On my birthday back in 2003 I was having my hair done in a mall so David was walking around and then all the sudden he he saw David Wesley out wandering to mall...David being the goober he is walked right up to Wesley and asked him for his autograph for me. Me, not knowing anything, walked out to the car and got in. We drove away and David surprised me with my Chihuahua purse for my birthday. I loved it! And then he said, "there's something better inside." So I looked in to find my card with a scribble on it. Of course I had no idea who it was and he told me. Hey, forget the purse, I had David Wesley's autograph! Looking back at the Hornets now, we know none of the players since the roster has changed due to trades, etc. I was totally bummed when he got traded to Houston and I just stopped watching basketball. My David told me awhile back about him being a free agent or something and I just had a thought..."hmmm, I wonder if he would come to Cleveland" But David said more than likely that he wouldn't so it was just put in the back of my mind and basically discarded. Well I don't have to do that any longer, becuase he's coming to Cleveland. Anyone up for a game of Cavs Basketball?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I can get ya some tickets... Ya just have to let me know the date!!! Oh, yeah!!
Mom