Friday, September 22, 2006

Puppers and Kitty Friends

Woohoo! It's Friday. I'll be leaving for work in a little bit. I can't say enough how much I love that my Friday schedule is the shortest day of the week and I can "sleep in" every Friday. Actually, Monday is my longest day of the week and everyday gets shorter and shorter. Much better than getting longer each day for sure. I was surprised today though. Usually I wake up way before my alarm but I slept until it went off then when it did I just laid there for awhile, enjoying my time with Viking and Lily. It's so fun just to lay there...they slowly come out of the covers, then they lay on me...Viking usually lays his head across my neck and Lily sits on my chest, then they turn into a playful stage...going after each other, Viking taking shots at me with his licker, and Lily chewing at my hands and blankets. It's a hoot, but I definitely cherish those moments and wish I could just lay there all day. And trust me, I have time with the cats too. Sometimes we let them in the bedroom in the morning and Jax plops (yes, all 14 pounds on him) on my head and Natchez rubs all over. And anytime I sit at the computer is cat time. Actually, as I write Natchez is on my lap making biscuits (kneading) on my belly. So anytime I sit down here, I get a kitty in my lap. As I stated above, I truly treasure those moments and I could be doing anything (school work, bills, etc), but I just stop, enjoy, and live in that moment. Even after those long crazy days at work dealing with animals all day long, my kids keep me sane and remind me of why I do what I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you said that beautifully. Our "kids" are the best therapy, ever!!
Mom