Monday, September 11, 2006

The Fridge Isn't Cooling....

When I got home from my Florida trip, it seemed as though the refrigertor wasn't very cold, but the freezer seemed fine. David and I sat on it for a day thinking maybe since it's cooler outside it may not feel as cool. Then on Thursday I had the thought "there's no way...this just isn't right." When I ate my cereal the milk wasn't spoiled but it didn't have that crisp cold taste. So David made a few phone calls and set up for someone to come on Friday morning. David rushed through his day on Friday to make sure he was home in time and no one showed. Say what? Yeah, so he called the office and no one answered. We left a message and sat on a a non working fridge for the night. Then David stopped by the office on his way home from work on Saturday. Okay, it opened at 10am. It was before then that he stopped by, but surely they'll be there when we call at 10am. No, no one there. Finally about 10:30am, someone answers and says "yeah, we just got your message, let me call you back when I can figure out what happened." Okay, I said let's give him 15 minutes and then we'll call back. He never called, so we called and he says, "yeah, you didn't leave a number for me to call you back...." Say what, again?! We had left our phone number with the secretary yesterday and then also left BOTH of our numbers on the message the previous night. So we never got an answer why he didn't show but he says, "I can come Monday" I about hit the roof....Wait a minute YOU don't show up on your specified date and then you tell me it's going to be 2 more days?! But then I think to myself, we're at the mercy of these people. We need the fridge fixed and if we went to sears they won't get out here until at least the 19th and it will be way more $. But the guy tried helping us out at least by telling us to check certain things. So we did and found that there was ice blocking the tube to the fridge from the freezer. We took everything to david's 'rents and cleaned out the fridge, which needed to be done anyway. And we defrosted it. We checked it later that evening. Everything defrosted but the fan still wasn't working. We're not sure if the fan ceased and then caused the ice or maybe the ice formed and the fan was working too hard and ceased. So we think that we know the problem at least, let's just hope it's an affordable fix. This thing is only 2 years old for heaven's sake. I was way stressed out about this as you can tell. So I made a trip to the grocery store and got non-refrigerated foods. I think I can survive on oatmeal for breakfast and spaghettio's for lunch for a few days instead of cereal and lunch meat. Let's look on the bright side of things....at least we're saving energy....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The eternal optimist!!
Mom