Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Will Run 500 Miles

I believe my running is back on track…as of this moment. The combination of the Pro-tec patellar strap along with the glucosamine and using ibuprofen post run has definitely helped me these past few days. As always, only time will tell.

Oftentimes on my runs I take my Sansa mp3 player. I have a variety of tunes in there…instrumental, to hard rock, to easy going stuff. For some reason recently, when I hit a certain part of my route I have a tune that starts up. It’s not everyday or every run, but most times, it occurs near a certain location on one of my routes. Even better, it happens near the end of my route. “I Would Walk 500 Miles….” rings out through my Skull Candy ear buds. I picture my uncles, along with my dad, dancing around the dance floor, having a good time, and I can’t help but smile and turn up the volume. I feel my stride lengthen and my tempo picks up as I drive home. People that drive by probably think I’m crazy as they see my head bopping and my hands beating an imaginary drum. It’s a perfect “power” song for my running. It has sentimental value not to mention I’m also striving towards my goal of 500 running miles this year, for the Diabetic Runner Challenge. I WILL RUN 500 MILES.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You CAN do it!!!
Mom

Brad said...

Good luck Heidi! Keep up the hard work...I sometimes get tired just reading about all the running you do; not to mention David, Erika, John and others.

It is great to see someone set such a difficult goal and make it happen.

The 500 miles video was awesome and and don't recall seeing the version you had on your Blog. What great memories. This tradition may stay in the family for generations!

Take care and think Spring!

Uncle Brad

Anonymous said...

You and The Boy - both seem to have such "positive energy" as runners...happier people, you know.
Get those endorphins kickin' in!
love you,
Sita