Monday, August 07, 2006

500 Miles

Hey, I've been working on the 500 Miles video today. And it's kind of been a pain in the butt. Making it wasn't hard at all. But when I went to YouTube my file was too big so then I was trying to figure out how to change the file type and somehow make it smaller without making it look even worse (because you know when you post something on YouTube it gets all funky looking). I'm figuring it's because I'm going from my analog recorder to the computer, etc, that I'm having an issue, but I'm not sure. So making the video into various types of files and then watching them to see what one I wanted took awhile, and now uploading to the site is taking forever too. not sure if it's going to come out or not. But I figured I'd type awhile while I was waiting. Another thing that has been a pain in my rear for the past 24 hours is our router for David's XBox 360. He got a free online subscription when we bought it but he's been waiting to activate it...until football season and when we got a router, etc. So we finally got a router and it's just been a pain. First the modem kept resetting so we ended up calling Bryce over and he fixed it simply by resetting everything (thanks bryce!), which I should have known to do that....I was just so frustrated and in the heat of the moment. And this morning it was fine but when David got home the internet wasn't working. So I tried explaining what to do over the phone. But it didn't work. When I got home I reset everything and it worked. Not sure, but the whole resetting thing is going to get old fast. Ok, that's my ranting for the day. On a positive note, I wasn't planning on doing anything in the yard this weekend but yesterday mom and dad came over and dad helped thin the lilac bush and we did a little landscaping with our back corner garden thingy. Instead of it being square with the bricks we took those out and angled it with garden edging and placed the bricks lining the back (to prevent neighbor's weeds) Now I'll have to get some topsoil to fill it up more and then plant some grass in the fall. I'm not exactly sure if I'm going to plant seed this fall though. More than likely I will, however that garden area was FULL of grape hyacinth. And if anyone knows about that stuff you'll understand....very pretty but it mutiplies like crazy and the bulbs are clumped together and there are millions of them...literally. So I've been trying to spend a few hours here and there (about 4-5 times now) trying to get them outta there. It's crazy because you think you're making progress and then you come back the following week and there a tons more. It seems as though they're multiplying at the same rate as I'm removing them! So basically I don't want to plant grass and then when a grape hyacinth pops up here and there next spring I'd have to dig up my freshly planted grass. Get what I mean? Anyway, with the landscaping and lilac bush thinning it opened the yard up big time. Sweet. Our yard was decent to begin with but it's nice to see it take shape. We had a good dinner at Cedar Villa last night. We got to spend some time with David's 'rents so that was nice. And we even got some Toft's ice cream. Gotta love that cotton candy confetti. Yum. Okay, it's finally done uploading. I must say it's pretty poor quality and you have to turn your volume up, but hey, it's still fun.....Love to you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent job, Heidi. Pictures are worth a thousand words. Ya just can't explain the "500 Miles" to someone...they have to see it. Cindy...this ones for you, Baby.
Love,
Mom

Kyle Roth said...

Heidi, that is great! Thanks for posting it.

KD

Jacki said...

That's awesome, Heidi! I agree that pictures don't do it justice, the video is so much better! :)

Saroth said...

Awesome Hiedi!! Cindy, always remmeber your family will walk "500" miles for you.
Thanks so much for posting this video, Hiedi. A very treasured memory.

Love Ya,
Aunt Shelly