Sunday, August 13, 2006

We Had A Blast

Whew! Canoeing was sure hardwork but it was tons of fun at the same time. As I stated in my previous post we did end up getting a raft so technically we weren't canoeing I guess, but it's just as hard of work. Less tendancy to fall over but more tendancy to get stuck on rocks and in shallow water. Which trust me, we did many times. I'd hop out an unlodge us then hop back in. The only problem is where the larger rocks are the current picks up often causing small "rapids" if you want to call them that, then if you get stuck, people behind you get stuck and then there's a pile up. So battling the current along with all the other canoes/rafts can get quite chaotic. We had many laughs while doing it and looking back I keep thinking of moments and it brings a smile to my face and laughter too. We've decided it's got to be a yearly trip. Too fun to pass up. And the scenery is gorgeous...you just have to keep the drunken crazy people in huge groups out of your head. End we ended up holding off on soak city for this week. Instead of trying to push everything into one week we thought we'd spread it out. We wouldn't want to do tons of stuff this weekend and then find ourselves picking our noses next weekend. Ya know? So we ended up hanging with the 'rents got some good perennials on sale, then went to David's cousin's birthday party, did the usual grocery shopping, then back home and was outside with the 'rents planting everything we had gotten. We were out there until it was dark....actually after it was dark! But it looks beautimous and if things don't work we can always move them. I'm so excited for next 1-2 years to see how everything fills in. Still have to get some tulip bulbs. We had tons of tulips in the spring that came up that were already here but I've been digging those up as we've been planting. So we can start over with a fresh slate. I'm sure we'll have some come up that I didn't find. But that's what makes it all fun. If you haven't noticed I added some links to the left column. They include my "homepage" for YouTube with all my videos and then also our shutterfly account collection site. All of my albums have been made public but with the "collection" I can only feature a few at a time...sorry. But by having the links people can surf at their leisure instead of having to go through my blog to find one of my postings for picture or videos...basically I hope it's more convenient. Tomorrow's the start to a new week. Are you ready?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous gardens in the coming years.
Mom