Saturday, August 12, 2006

Outside Fun

The weekend is here...ahh....so what are we going to do?? Well, today we're going down to mohican to go canoeing, except I don't think we're going to get a canoe. I think we're going to get a raft so we can fit more people into it. That way I don't have to work so hard. Then tomorrow our plan is to go to soak city. So it sounds like it's going to be an outside weekend, which I'm so happy about. I've been itching to get outside and do something. That is one thing I loved about being in junior high/high school and the summer. We'd just go to cedar point beach, lay out, go to the hotel pools...and just chill. I miss being outside. Now 98% of my day is spent inside, in the a/c, working. Not too fun. So yesterday I got a dvd burner so sometime in the midst of everything this weekend I'm going to set it up. I'm excited because now I'll be able to burn my videos and hopefully make even more because I know that I have the capabilities to make them, etc. I'm excited and I'm sure it will be a learning experience. I want to get everything set so I can make a DVD to take down to Florida to share. I think they'd enjoy it, especially since it's hard for them to see them online using dial-up. Also, sometime this weekend I'm going to have to get out in the yard. There are a few "plants" I want to dig up. We have a blackberry bush that's more like a twig and it looks dead to me. It probably doesn't help that the previous owners planted it in a 5 gallon bucket and then into the ground. I don't get it. Dad spent a few minutes starting to dig it up earlier this year and said forget about it...but I want that thing out. It most likely will be hard work but well worth it in the end. And then there's this other "thing" Never seen it before and I know it's not a weed but, well I can't even explain what it looks like...but it's a pain. Very thick and so thick that the stalks just fall over. So I've been thinning it out and had no success in helping what it looks like. So that's outta here too. I just got my breck's catalog and I've been trying to figuring out what I want to plant since fall is just around the corner. So I figured I needed to get everything out of there that I wanted gone that way I can visualize a little better what could go where. It looks as though it's going to be a busy but enjoyable weekend. Just waiting for David to get home so we can head out. Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi and David,
I hope you have a Great Weekend. Enjoy the Sunshine and have a good time.
We had some bushes to take out and my husband used a chain and his truck and they came out easy with No digging .For the smaller ones he used a chain and the riding lawnmower.If you do it either way be careful.We're going to an Indians game tonight so I hope they win.
Keep Smiling.
Linda P.