Tuesday, August 08, 2006

School's Out For Summer....

Sounds as though everyone has enjoyed the video. That's what I had hoped for and it's great to hear. It's only 9:30 and I definitely should be in bed because I just feel exhausted. But I had to check everyone's blogs and see what's going on. I also wanted to check up on my blackboard website for school. All of my grades have finally posted and my semester is finished! I got a 98% and 99%. Can't complain about that considering I'm working full time and a lot of it was anatomy and physiology...not to mention things that I will probably never use again in my life. I guess they're trying to prepare me for everything but some of the stuff is just too ridiculous...almost in the line of what veterinarians have to learn during their courses. I guess it's a good thing because once I'm finished I'll not only be a registered vet tech but also have a greater knowledge of things if I would ever need to use them. I definitely have to say the distance learning still is a great way to learn for me. Being in the field for 4 years I feel sufficient in what I do on a day to day basis. But having the schooling along with the day to day activities enhances the entire experience. Even though it's sometimes a pain and costly, it gives me a step up and not only will help me in the future but helps me now. Anyway, my subject was "School's Out For Summer" but it's not really, considering I go back in 3-4 weeks. But atleast I'll get a few days off before having to pick my brain again. Guess what? There's only 22 days left until Florida and only 4 months until our Disney trip. I can't wait for both of those dates to arrive. Can you tell I just need to get away. Right now a quickie trip will do but when December arrives I will so be ready for a week off. Yes! I haven't had one of those in 2 years let alone an actual vacation in about....well, I don't know how many years...that's how long it's been. It's going to be David and my first actual vacation together. And we never technically had a honeymoon as our wedding was only a few days before our move to New Orleans...so it will be tons of fun. Tomorrow we're planning on going to the fair for some good fat food. You know if the fair is in town you gotta get a funnel cake or something. Mmm Mmm good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your grades. You deserve to be proud. You work hard and study hard.
Love,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi,
Your Video was great and you did great on your grades.I was on vacation last week and I'm still trying to get over Vacationitis.I've had up and down days.I've been overly tired and overly hyper. The 500 Mile dance is awesome.Take care and keep Smiling.
Linda P.