Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Can We Help This Situation??

David and I are sitting around waiting to go to our "practice" so I figured I'd drop a few lines. For those who don't know, we've become more involved in our church-Calvary Temple. Recently we've been trying to focus on God's purpose and not ourselves, trying to redirect our lives in the appropriate manner. We're both very into music and it's always been a large part of both of our lives so we figured that our way to "give back" would be to help with praise and worship. The church has an older congregation so as you can guess our type of style is quite different than what they're used to. I appreciate their attempts of praise and worship and I need to remember why we're there (not us but for Him) but man, it's hard. Music to us is our "food" and I got to say that I'M HUNGRY! We want to grow the congregation and get people more involved. I hate to say it but some of the individuals that give so much ($) to the church will not be with us forever (if you know what I mean) and they cannot depend on them forever. So we got to get the younger people to come to church for many reasons! Needless to say our "intervention" is not going as smoothly as hoped. Everyone seems to have a different view of what should be done and trying to deal with eachother's schedules has become quite hectic and the buck seems to be being passed around. Very frustrating. Pastor Dave keeps saying, "In any ministry there will be hardship and setbacks, but you must keep going." And oftentimes I just want to give up. As most of you know I have tons of anxiety including bouts of OCD type behavior, so adding to that stress doesn't help the situation. Alright, I should not be complaining right???? Just had to get it off my chest. Please Lord let this practice go well and be productive....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God will find a way. Keep the faith, kiddo.
Love Mom