Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Poem

Just had to share this with you all. I woke up this morning to a poem my MIL wrote to me for mother's day. I thought it was cute. Thanks Seeter!
(For those who don't know David's middle name is Jacob and his family calls him Jake)

"Ode to Heidi"

To a, "Big Easy," pet shop you and David did go. It seemed like any other day, until you shouted, "Oh no!"

"Hey Baby, I can't leave this puppy. He called me Momma, to that I'm sure." "We'll start a little family, one of love that will endure."

Soon came Natchez, Jax, then Lily, that came under your care. You called The Boy to meet them and agreed not to leave them there.

Into your home each were included. A larger family you all did make.

You are a wonderful, "Momma," and a loving wife to "The Boy", Jake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey cuz' I'm sure you've already heard, but we are making a trip to your town. I would love for you and David to meet Doug and the kids. So if you aren't too busy maybe we can have dinner next Wednesday night. I'm not sure exactly when we are getting into town, but hopefully we can have dinner around 6 or 7 so you guys can get home and to bed around your usual time. I know how hard an early job is Doug gets up every morning at 5 as well. Miss you, Camie

BananaBuzzbomb said...

Hey Cam! How are you? We're looking forward to seeing you and meeting everyone. Wednesday would be great. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi,
Cute poem. I think Sida "Get's It". That was really sweet.
Love,
Mom