Saturday, May 06, 2006

Where We Are



Hope everyone has had a fun, fulfilling Saturday! I had a good start to the day. David had to get up a go to work for a couple hours but when he came home I woke up to him with a tray of donuts and 2 glasses of milk and we had breakfast in bed. What a wonderful husband and the donuts were great...haven't had any in awhile. They were from House of Donuts which I must say I prefer over Jolly Donuts....but I do miss my Krispy Kreme in New Orleans.....ah well. No hurricanes around here. Can't complain. We slept a bit then got up, went to Home Depot for our weekly jaunt to get stuff for our next project (our floors), then to good ol' Walmart, then home. We chilled outside with the pups. It's great to finally have a good backyard that we can enjoy. I can't say it enough. We took a few blankets out and laid in the sun. It was chilly but with laying on dark colored blankets it got toasty warm. Nice to relax. We spent some time with the 'rents...went to Pizza Post in Norwalk. Went to their house later and had a fire in their little chiminea (sp?) thing. All in all a great day. You know, sometimes you can miss the big city, but it's days like this where you can just relax and chill that it's nice to be "home". Not to mention it's great to have family around. You kind of miss that when you're away. We always said, "We're never coming back", and we never know what will happen in the future, but we sure are happy where we're at in our lives. We may not be as "well off" as we have been in the past but we have eachother and those around us. And we thank God for that on a daily basis. You can always see how important family is, but seeing it in my Aunt Cindy's blog has opened my eyes even more. You think, "yeah, I have extended family, yadah, yadah, yadah...." But you know if you needed them ever, they'd be there in a heartbeat not asking any questions. How comforting is that?! I've rambled enough today....hope I didn't confuse too many of you who read this. Love to all!

No comments: