Wednesday, May 03, 2006

God Smiles When We Trust Him

I was reading the Purpose Driven Life today and my title for this post was my "point to ponder" for the day. I like it. What is new around here? David went to the dentist today and found out all is well with the exception of having one cavity. Ah well. And the doctor recommended him getting braces (say what?!) Yeah, needless to say that's out of the question. But the dentist thought it'd help with tartar, etc because he has so many crevices that stuff gets caught in. You know what I told him?? FLOSS! Not that I can talk. I had a pretty good day at work. Nothing much. We weren't very busy so I got to work on school work. My semester doesn't start until the last week of May, but I'm basically half way done with my courses (distance learning classes). I figured I had the books, materials, and syllabus...why not get started? That way I'm not so slammed once it actually starts and I can kind of enjoy my summer. David has a busy day tomorrow. He works from 4a-noon and then will be going down to columbus to "tryout" for the national guard band. Yes, I actually said national guard. He's been pushing the idea around...but we have to get a few things in line before anything is signed, if they would want him. Such as, we want to make sure he continues getting his disability in addition to his reserve pay, and that they won't have any issue with his weight (he basically never made weight while in the marine corps-and you can get waivers for it while in the national guard). The band unit is basically nondeployable and with them you are a musician first whereas with the USMC you're a "basic rifleman" first then your MOS (job) second. The big draw of him possibly enlisting is a decent signing bonus. With the move and David's recent luck with jobs in the area the "extra money" will hopefully help us financially by meeting our everyday needs so we can put even more away in our savings on a monthly basis. We'll have to see. We've been trying to do home improvements on a weekly basis too. Our next large task is refinishing out hardwood floors. We pulled up the carpet a few weeks ago and are purchasing materials on a weekly basis and are planning to refinish them memorial day weekend. We'll keep you posted. Hope y'all have a good night!

5 comments:

Kyle Roth said...

Hey Heidi!

How is it going? Nice to see you are onto the blogging. You are on my morning links list now. Check out my site with my blog and flickr photos.

Talk to you later. KD

Jacki said...

Best of luck to David with the National Guard! "Nondeployable" is definitely a good thing, at least for us wives! John will most likely do a tour in Iraq next year, and I'm not too excited about it, as you might imagine. :)

I'm enjoying catching up with your lives through this Blog, since I almost never get to see you guys! Blogs are great, especially since we are living so far away from family and friends.

Anonymous said...

Nice journal, Heidi. Even I get to keep up with your ever changing"daily" life. Hope all goes well with David, today. Let us know.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi
Nice to read your BLOG and get caught up on things in your life. I will try to stop over to see you once of these days. I will definitely call first as I do not know your work schedule. Your BLOG reminds me of my diaries which I have been keeping since 1939 when I was in the 8th grade. It is fun to read back over some of them and find out what I have FORGOTTEN ABOUT-----LOL.

love----GRAM ROTH

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi
Nice to read your BLOG and get caught up on things in your life. I will try to stop over to see you once of these days. I will definitely call first as I do not know your work schedule. Your BLOG reminds me of my diaries which I have been keeping since 1939 when I was in the 8th grade. It is fun to read back over some of them and find out what I have FORGOTTEN ABOUT-----LOL.

love----GRAM ROTH