Thursday, May 18, 2006

Vote Taylor!

Hey all! Hope everyone's week is going well, as it is almost the weekend. Yes! Then one more week and we're doing our floors. Wish us luck...a bit nervous but I know we'll get it done....actually the bottom line is it must be done. Nothing real exciting has happened this week but one thing is the sun finally showed it's face a little on Tuesday and Wednesday. Now we're back to the dreary weather. Ho Hum. Work tends to be slow when it's nasty out. No one wants to bring their pets out in the rain, which is understandable, so that means lots of cancellations usually...not always. We'll see what happens today. Tonight we're going to Latitude. It's a "bible study" group for 20somethings that gets together, enjoys fellowship, and just hangs out. It's at The Chapel out there in Perkins, and people come from around the area and different churches. It's nice because it's not like we fit in to youth group anymore, but we're not in the "older" groups yet either. We haven't been in a few weeks, and needless to say it's shown in our attitudes. Isn't it amazing that when you take your eyes just slightly off of your "purpose" you tend to totally fall off the horse? All I gotta say is "devil, I'm taking it back!" So, last night we watched some TV which is actually quite abnormal for us. Usually we like to get out or we just don't have time. We've kind of been on and off with the whole American Idol thing, sometimes catching it and other days not, but we've been keeping up with who's in or out a lot more this season. And we were watching last night. Was anyone disheartened other than me? The past 2 weeks I've had people go that I didn't want let go. I understand it's a competition and the contestants will dwindle but man, I just felt bad for Chris and Elliot. You could just see the hurt in their eyes. They total deserve something like this and have never experienced anything like it in their lives. I just wanted to cry. I guess I can consider it partly my fault, as I do not vote....actually most people I know don't vote. Isn't that crazy?! If we voted it could totally change everything. Anyway, I think Taylor is awesome and have always stuck behind him. His attitude is something that I admire and this is something he's worked for a long time. It's not that I don't think Katherine is pretty or has a good voice, I think she does, but I'm just not knocked off my feet with her, and it's one of those things that I think she'd become famous even without this contest. So vote Taylor Hicks! Also in news, the Cavs won! Yay! Once again, I'm not a huge sports fan or a huge Cavs fan either, I just want the Pistons out. But you probably say "you lived up there for a year. you don't like the Pistons?" No, we hate the Pistons. When we lived up there we were inundated with Pistons crap. On the radio, the news, everywhere. It seemed as though after they won everyone jumped on the bandwagon. I hate that. And sorry, but they just didn't do it for me. So on that note Go Cavs! Have a good Thursday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Taylor!!!!!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

For Taylor fans, try this site.

http://www.gofish.com/userVideoPlayer.gfp?gfid=30-1028778