Thursday, October 05, 2006

Why Must I Have Another Pet Peeve?

Okay, so I have this pet peeve. Yes, we all know I have many of these (something I'm trying to work on), but this one just hit me yesterday. I called Grandma and Grandpa Q last night. I wanted to ask them a question about something I was sending them and basically just to see how they're doing. So we're sitting there talking. Not much about anything important, just seeing what's new....just talking how anyone would talk on the phone. We hadn't been talking but a few minutes and all the sudden I hear Grandpa in the background say something to Grandma about "stop talking too much" Or something on those lines. So she says, "well, I know this is costing you money, so I better let you go." And I said, "actually it's not, don't worry about it." and she comes back abruptly saying, "okay, love you guys, bye." What's up with that? Now I know you're going to be reading this Grandma, so please don't take offense to this, but I got to get it out there. This isn't the first time this has happened. I can totally understand if they have to go eat dinner or a show is coming on. In a circumstance such as that, just say "hey, I can't talk long" or "now's not a good time". But in the situations we've been in I have a feeling this isn't what's happening. Just considering my timing, etc. I'm putting two and two together and have figured that Grandpa's telling her to get off the phone. Now I know I don't call as often as I should, but this is one of the reasons why I don't. You know, sometimes I just want to shoot the shit and not have a reason to call. And even when we're not talking about something "important" those are the moments I cherish. Just hearing a caring voice that I don't get to hear that often. And I like to know what's going on in the lives of individuals that I care about and that are close to me. Once again, I don't expect anyone to stop everything they're doing when I call. And the world shouldn't revolve around me, but this is just crazy. So Grandma, when I call, just talk to me. Forget about Grandpa trying to get you off the phone. I think I can take a few minutes out of his time with you to speak to you. Or even to speak to him for that matter. According to what you said last night, you both don't get out as much as you used to, which in my mind means that you would have the time to talk. And maybe I can even lighten your day a bit. Don't worry about costing me money. I have TONS of minutes on my phone that it doesn't even enter my mind. Even if I didn't have the minutes I'd spend that extra 40 cents a minute to talk to you guys. And it doesn't cost you a cent to talk to me. You're already paying for your home phone...use it. And you're not wasting my time or gabbing my head off. The point of me calling is to hear you talk. And as stated above, if you can't talk or just don't feel like talking, let me know, or even easier, you don't have to answer the phone. This isn't something I'm taking personal. And I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I just felt that I should put it out there because in my heart I feel it needs to be said, and it bugs the crap out of me. Enough said, thanks for listening ya'll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi,
I hope you have a great weekend .Your always so busy and so creative.Take care and keep smiling.
It's me again.
Linda P.