Sunday, February 11, 2007

Indulge Yourself In....Something

As I write David is trying to get a groove with the Sports Hoop. Yeah, we received it on Friday and he's trying his darndest to get it. God love him. He just stated, "it's got to be my big gut...it's throwing off my rhythm." I just had to laugh. We didn't even get it out on Friday. For some reason my hip has been killing me. I thought it was the weather and my bad leg combined together and then I slipped at home on Friday night and hurt it even more. I dunno what's up. Sita says my alignment is off. As usual I don't want to get help for it and am just trying to let itself work it's way out of the funk. We'll have to see. Anyway, even though it hurt I had to use the hoop last night. Got to work off the pounds. Hawaii's coming man. Yeah, it's 10 months away, but I got to be lean and mean by that time. A goal to work towards at least. Obviously we're indulged in the whole Hawaii thing. To be honest with Tara having the baby I started having baby thoughts. At the same time my mind was saying "are you crazy??" As David said, "I think this is the longest you've actually taken it into consideration." As most of you know we're pretty adament about not having kids. I know everyone says, "you're young....you'll change your mind" And it's not something I'd like to totally rule out but at this time it's not the direction we'd like our lives to head. And if God wants it to be that way, then it will be, but let me tell you, I'm trying my hardest to stop any future developments in that area. I really love our "kids" that we have. I love the freedom, and the little (stress the little) financial freedom we have. But then you think "what if...." And that's when you start to have dreams. It's something that's fun to think about but scary and also something that I want to leave my thoughts....all at the same time. Hard to explain, but I'm sure the ladies will understand. So those thoughts were going on for a few days and then we started thinking heavily about vacation. Whoop....there went any baby thoughts....Hawaii here we come. I got the books (3), got what hotel we want to stay at all figured out, and all. We've decided against the cruise thing at this time for financial reasons. The trip hasn't been booked but I hope to do that sometime early next month. Just wanted to pass our ideas by our boss' making sure we don't plan something and lose our jobs at the same time because we wouldn't be allowed to go. Not good. This weekend was quite laid back. We slept in on Saturday and then went tool hunting for David. With his new position he needs more tools. He has some of course, but you can never have enough and you always need to add don't you know? That evening we took a a jaunt to the Winking Lizard in Avon. KD and Erika are always talking about the one up near them so I figured we'd give it a try. Mom and Dad came along too. The menu was large and everything was quite filling. Very good. And we spent last evening watching 50 First Dates...remember, we can't get away from the Hawaii thing. I got up at a decent time this morning and started back on the school work. Spent a few hours doing that while David worked on his Vikings room. Then at about 3pm we went out to get the grocery shopping done and met up with Mom and Dad again for some good Cedar Villa food. And that's our weekend in a nutshell.

On a serious note I'd like to ask you all to say a little prayer for my Grandma Q. She had back surgery a couple weeks ago. As you well know when you get older your body doesn't heal as fast as it used to. And any kind thoughts and/or prayers sent her way would be greatly appreciated. Love you Grandma!

Also, don't forget it's Grandma R's birthday tomorrow 2/12/07. Make sure to wish her a Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday Grandma!

Hope you all have a beautiful start to your weeks. And as always, don't forget to smile...you never know who's watching.....

2 comments:

erika said...

First off, you look great so don't stress about getting into shape too much.

Second, can you fit me in your suitcase when you go to Hawaii?

Third, glad you enjoyed the Lizard.

Finally, have fun being a couple. When the time is right you will know it, but I totally understand how holding those little bundles brings on a case of "baby fever" like nobody's business.

Take care, Heidi!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi
Just read your blog from Feb. 12 and thanks for the birthday wish. I will add that to my list of people who remembered me. I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your life up there in the cold North----brrrrrr. It isn't that warm down here either, It is supposed to be in the 30's when we get up tomorrow morning but hopefully it will warm up by the weekend.

LOVE---GRAM ROTH