Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Y has arrived

FYI we drove by the La Quinta hotel and David's "Y" has arrived. Too funny. I was driving and all the sudden David yelled "I got my Y!" and we both busted out laughing. He's truly a celebrity now. I just hope I can get a "final picture" of his name up in lights before it blows away or is taken down.

This weekend Sita noted that Kroger has King Cakes for sale. Say what? I had to see it for myself. So we stopped by and they really do exist in northern Ohio. You mean I don't have the pay $40 to have one shipped up this year? Awesome. So we enjoyed some King Cake while watching American Idol tonight. I will admit it's not New Orleans Gambinos King Cake, but it's King Cake.

I'm still working on school work on a daily basis...as I just wrote that I realized I need to send my assignments in for tomorrow. Crap. As my printer scans I guess I can continue to write.

In other news we've been trying to figure out what our next vacation will be. Yes, we just came back from vacation but it's never too early to plan for the next. So we've been going through all of our options....a cruise to the caribbean, or something smaller say like Philadelphia or up to the Mall of America and Wisconsin Dells. Or what about Williamsburg and Washington DC. Texas is out because we'll be going there in a year or two (not soon enough) when I graduate from school. I want to go to Italy, but that's going to be way expensive and I'm not sure if David's in that type of mind set yet. It's going to be hard to beat Disney. So we have come to the conclusion of Hawaii. Don't know how we're going to pay for it, or when we're going to go, but I'm going to start looking at guidebooks and I've already starting searching online. Basically, how to get there and what to do. I think we'll end up sticking with a cruise so we can go everywhere, but we'll have to see. The idea is crazy, but I've always thought, if you put your mind to it, you can do it. Or maybe it will just be a pipe dream. We'll see. At least I'll have guaranteed fun looking. Any ideas, please feel free to spring them on me.

In addition to all that's going on I've been looking for ways to make my blog look a little more personable. Ya'll know I have to have 50 million things going on around me and in my head to make me happy. I've been searching for free templates and things and have found a few I may implement. I wish I had enough knowledge to build my own. I'm sure if I had the resources I'd be able to figure it out, but at this time am limited to my own knowledge and anything I can find online. I also don't want to pay a fortune to by something from somebody since this is just a fun thing for me to do. My dad said he has Photoshop so I may be checking that out soon to see what I can do with that. Never worked with it before so that should be fun and a learning experience. Hey, it will come as with all of the other things that I've worked on including my Pinnacle set up, etc. Just takes a little patience. If anyone has any ideas for this too, send them my way.

It's 10:20pm and my assignments are emailed.

Have you smiled today? If not, you better hurry, the day is almost done. Good night and sleep tight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi,
We have friends that live in New
Orleans and we love King cake too.
And I also try to Smile every day because the most wasted day of all is one that you have not Smiled or Laughed.Take care and keep Smiling.
Linda P.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi
Just want to let you know that I do enjoy reading your blog. So keep it up. It's one way I can keep in touch----RIGHT?
LOVE---GRAM ROTH

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
That King Cake sounds so good. Had some when we visited NOLA but have never seen it around here.
Hawaii, aaahhh. John's parents are there for a few weeks right now. They would be happy to help you with any questions.(They lived on Oahu for a couple years and have visited several other of the islands of Hawaii.) The flight is a bummer but well worth it. It's absolutely beautiful there.
Allysen is a little doll. Enjoyed seeing the pictures.
Congrats to David on his football win. Woo hoo!
D