Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Pain

I must admit defeat for my week's running plan. I know I had such a positive blog, yesterday, but there's absolutely no way I can make it to the gym today.

I woke up this morning with a lower left side abdominal pain. The first thing I thought was, "it's gas." I know, TMI, but whatever. But that proved not to be the case. The pain has persisted all day long. Thankfully HOT baths have helped and I've been able to lay in such a manner that allows me to sleep through the discomfort. Also, thankfully our appointment schedule was super light and I have available sick time to be able to stay home. If you know me, I don't take sick time off of work. As it stands I have approximately 40 hours of sick time earned/saved. I just don't like to take off....not to mention I've been quite healthy. (knock on wood)

I've hunkered down today in hopes of allowing the pain to go away and against my mother's wishes I did not go to the doctor. I have absolutely no idea what the pain could be emanating from, but I'm going to try to be patient. I was all excited when I woke up from a nap and the pain was entirely gone. That was until I moved to get up and it came back with a vengeance nearly doubling me over in pain. But, that's okay. I'm fine.

With that being said, I will not make it to the gym today. A defeat in my new plan? I guess so but I know when this girl's in too much pain to go to work, she's in too much pain to go to the gym.

No comments: