Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Day Off

Today is my day off for the week. I got to sleep in, and even better, we slept with the window open last night, so it was so nice to wake up to fresh air. Isn't it one of the best smell/feelings in the world. Can't explain it, but it just is, especially when you've been cooped up all winter. It's been quite nice for the past several days. Yesterday a coworker and I even got to sneak in a walk outside. It was refreshing, but my body definitely signaled to me that it's been winter for a long time. Even with doing my hula hoop I was breathing pretty hard by the end of the walk. Of course we also ended up walking into the wind at the end of the walk instead of the beginning. But according to the weather people it won't stay like this for long. Today is cooler than yesterday and it looks like it's going to continue to get cooler. That will just make me enjoy it even more while it's here. When I woke up I did some cleaning. Then since it's our turn to bring dinner to "dinner night" with our friends I made a spaghetti casserole. It looks yummy. I just hope it turns out ok. For those who don't know, I don't cook much and when I do it doesn't always go as planned. I've been having some abdominal discomfort for the past 2 weeks so I finally made an appointment with the doctor, because something's just not right. As usual, it was an interesting morning....I've been well trained by my mother to relieve myself before leaving the house, so I did so. Of course when I arrived the first thing they wanted was a urine sample. Well, after sitting in the bathroom for 10 minutes, you'd think I'd be able to produce but, nope, it wasn't happening. I can't say it's performance anxiety, because I don't have problems peeing in public, but anytime a cup is involved, even if there is pee in the bladder, it just doesn't want to come. Anyone feel me on this one? I come out and explain to the nurse, and she says, "no big deal." I get examined and there's nothing wrong. "Everything feels fine. Everything looks fine." They doctor wants an ultrasound and wants to send me to the hospital for a urine culture and sensitivity. Oh man, I couldn't pee in the cup here. How am I going to do it there, adding on to it, that it must be a sterile techinique with wet naps and all? I oblige and head to the hospital. If anyone's seen Firelands recently you'll know that it's a mess with construction and locations of departments move by the week, so you don't know where anything is. I finally get to registration and find that I need to update all my information because the last time I was in I wasn't married, blah, blah, blah. I got it done, and went to the lab. They send me to the restroom, and FINALLY, it happens. Sweet. Done sir done. I head out of there and now I wait for days to see if they find anything. Please, find something. I'm not digging this pain. Not to mention isn't it fun when you have abdominal discomfort, then they start poking and prodding around only to make it worse? Great. And the ultrasound isn't for 2 weeks. I guess Aleve will be my new best friend. Now that you're thinking "TMI...." Anyway. I've been trying for weeks to change our look of our blog, with no luck. I like the new set up with blogger where you can click and drag items wherever you want them and if you change your template to something else, you have to go back to doing all the html stuff, which isn't too fun. Not to mention, I've been trying to find something fun and not too girly, considering this is David's blog too...even though he doesn't write on it. Any helpful hints? Too bad I can't create something....I'm not that talented...yet.

No comments: