Saturday, February 16, 2008

Still Alive At Nine Point Five

9.5! 9.5! Holy cow. Thanks to the help of Erika I not only met my goal today, but exceeded it. Once again a personal best in distance for me. I just keep telling myself, "1/2 more mile and I'm at 10 miles....then only 3.1 miles more and I'm at the half marathon!" I never dreamed I'd be running this far. It's just crazy. I'm not saying I'm fast, but shoot, I'm out there moving my buns in freezing weather. I was out for just under 2 hours...Erika continued on to meet her 12 miles for today. It wasn't all that bad out actually. No wind, the sun shining. Pretty beautiful. We even made it down to the lakefront which helped pass time even for the few short moments.

As always I'm so grateful for Erika. She helps tons. She sticks with me and my slow pace while giving me encouragement the entire time. Heck, she doesn't even have to say anything and I can feel her positive aura radiating to me. In addition, she listened to me as I was drudging through those last 2-3 miles. I try to stay as positive as I can but sometimes the thoughts can get the best of you. So she had to listen to me as I complained, then me catching myself for complaining, and me trying to flip around my thoughts through positive self-talk. Not only did she listen to my crazy talk but she joined in giving me goals to work towards, which helped pass the time.

Now, on to the rest of the weekend....what shall we do?

No comments: