Sunday, September 23, 2007

Happy Fall

First things first....Go Tribe!! This is the first year in a long time that we've (especially me) been following the Indians closely. Can't wait to see what is yet to come.

It was a great weekend. Saturday started with a round 3.0 mile run. Oy. I don't know if it was because it was later than usual...with the sun up, the change in route, added hills, or what, but I felt like I was struggling big time. But with that behind me, I continued on with the day. First edging the yard and then school work almost all day long. We went to the 'rents for the OSU game and visited with J and Cass, as they came in town for the day. During the game I got some more school work out of the way. By the time the game was done my mind had decided that it was done with schoolwork too. We headed to CP for a couple hours. I don't know if that was such a good idea though. It was PACKED. Looking for a parking space I even tooted my horn at someone. I never do that but I couldn't help but do it considering there were people everywhere, including the middle the the drive. Of course I received a couple obscenities but that's okay. After deciding there were no spots up front we traveled to the back to find an abundance. We didn't ride any rides, but it was a great night to enjoy the weather and get a tasty treat. Hopefully we'll be able to get over there one of these Friday nights to actually enjoy a ride or two without a million people.

FYI...to those who don't know, according to Sita and Alpa, CP is doing a new thing with passes next year. Surprise, surprise. I swear they keep making huge changes on a yearly basis. This year was the thing where you don't receive a parking pass on your vehicle but it goes on your pass. I wasn't really against it, however whoever has the parking pass must be in the vehicle in order to use it. In all honesty I'm not sure how strict they are on this policy, as we've always gone over there together and David's never needed it by himself. But the idea I'm sure has messed up other individuals. Okay, so for the 2008 season passes, this is the deal. You can purchase the regular pass at a certain amount as normal. However, the only way you have the ability to purchase a parking pass is to purchase the Cedar Point/Soak City pass. In other words if you purchase a regular pass you cannot purchase a parking pass, meaning you have to pay $10 (probably $10.50 next year...just a guess) for parking. Geez oh petes. Bite that hand that feeds you. So all this talk about how Cedar Point is struggling so bad I find hard to believe. If that's the case I don't think they'd be doing this, because some may not want to invest that much more money into the pass. As for us, they are our Christmas gifts from Sita and Alpa, and we are very thankful for their generosity. We will be getting the Cedar Point/Soak City pass for obvious reasons, however in our case we had pushed around the idea of getting that pass this year but decided to wait on it. Once again, I know there are others out there that are not as fortunate as us, which may mean no passes at all and no money in CP's pocket...just my thinking of course. Just wanted to pass that info onto you.

So where was I....Sunday. Sunday we woke up and went for a short run. Once again, for the second day in a row I felt like I was struggling. What's the deal? I think one thing was that David and I didn't communicate before leaving. Instead of going for a longer run, we went shorter and he decided to go a tad faster than usually. Of course as we're running I'm telling him that I need to slow down and he's yelling back, "I'm not going fast." Then I yell, "We're going 9:45 according to the Garmin." And then he says, "You can't lean on that thing like it's a crutch." Oh, it wasn't very pretty. Ah well. It's the first time that we had a slight disagreement about running but after 2 minutes of discussion upon arriving home (after catching my breath) we were cool and continued on with the rest of our day. I got to continue pushing myself through the discomfort but he has to still understand that I have limitations. We went to Panera for lunch with the 'rents and then I bummed around with mom while David went home to hang with his dad and listen/watch all the sports. Tonight we had our first dinner night of the season. Last fall we started dinner night up in the fall and continued on for a couple months...it's the best time to start that type of thing, so why not do it again? It's decently cheap and you can't complain about the company either.

It's about that time to head to bed. I can't believe we're in our last week of the month. That's just crazy talk.

No comments: