Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ziggy, The New TV

Good morning! It's 4:30am and I'm up and ready to go. I'll be picking mom up here shortly then we'll be going on our little roadtrip down to Akron. It looks like it's going to be a a perfect day. High of 71 but Erika will get to run in the 50's-60's. And no rain forecasted. Beautiful.

Our weekend started off interesting. I got home and David says, "I've got some bad news...." Oh, what now? Our tv went. He was watching tv and "pop!" no picture. He messed with it a little and still nothing. And of course I said awhile back. "Well, when it goes then it will be time for a flat screen." I don't mind getting the flat screen, I just wasn't planning on it this soon! And you know David's going to hold me to it. He brought our little 12 inch tv from our bedroom downstairs so he had something for the afternoon. It looked quite funny I must say. So anyway, we've been pricing them here and there and basically knew what we wanted so mom and dad met us at Sam's club and we made our big purchase. It's a 37 inch Vizio. Not huge but bigger than our previous 32 inch. And MUCH lighter. I couldn't believe how light the box was. And after getting it into the house it was even bigger than I expected. So I guess I'm "happy" with what we got. I'm still sad to see our old one go for obvious reasons, but also because that was our wedding gift from Justin and Cass. Ah well. Of course David loves it. He couldn't wipe the smile from his face. As we drove home he said, "It's like Christmas." He'll love watching sports on it, especially now that we have the HDTV ability. He already played some Madden on it and was thrilled. I did notice a difference, but as for me, eh, I could honestly careless. I could probably even go without tv since I'm not that huge of a fan, but at the same time I understand David's thinking. I'll try to post some pics later, when I get home from the marathon.

Oooh, you know I'm taking my camera today, and will hopefully take lots of pictures. It's time to head out. Hey Erika! I'm sending positive thoughts your way. And don't forget....

1 comment:

Jacki said...

make sure you sign up for HDTV service from your cable provider. you might not think it makes a difference, but once you watch HDTV, you'll never want to go back!