Saturday, September 22, 2007

New Shorts....Again.

Today is my day to sleep in. Do you think I could?? Of course not. About 2 days ago my throat started having "that weird feeling". Yesterday I noticed it more and then last night I woke up in the middle of the night with a definite throat that was swollen and a slightly stuffy nose. Great. It's too early to get a cold. So at 7:30am my body couldn't sleep any longer and I came downstairs...took my vitamins and added Zicam, Vitamin C, and a glass of orange juice to the mix. I can only attribute getting a funk to over doing it. This week my body has been telling me to slow down but I don't listen. When I get off work I feel like I could literally fall down but by the time I get home it's as though I get my second wind and I'm ready to go. I've been struggling with some anxiety this week but can't pinpoint the source. In all honesty I think it has multiple sources including school and work. But along with my anxiety comes the need to clean the house. I never knew until recently that cleaning the house is a sign of my anxiety. I'm not talking just cleaning normal things, I'm talking about turning things upside down. Because I feel I don't have a sense of control over things around me, I clean because it's something I have control of. Weird, I know.

It seems like just yesterday I was telling you about how we had purchased David some new shorts that were a smaller size. The point was to get shorts and swim trunks before summer ended, to have them for our trip to Hawaii in December. Well, the time came once again, but finding shorts is close to impossible at this point. Everytime he goes down a size I ask him "Should you go one size smaller or atleast purchase one size smaller at the rate you're going?" And he looks at me as though I have 2 heads and says, "Heidi, I've never been that small, and never will be." Ha! But then within a couple weeks his shorts are ready to fall down even with a belt. Once again we're thrilled about this, but the cost of it hasn't been so enjoyable. As stated previously I'm glad that he doesn't require name brand shorts and will settle for the Levis at Walmart, but it still adds up considering we've been purchasing at least 2 pairs of shorts per month for the past couple months. And remember, he got one pair of jeans awhile back. We've decided he's going to settle with those until the real cool weather hits before purchasing another pair, considering he may be even smaller by then. Okay, so he needed more shorts and we were at Walmart so we looked. No go. Totally picked over and no options. I knew Old Navy wouldn't have any, as they were gone a couple months ago and that's why he had Walmart Levis. He thought that Kohls would have some but I disagreed since they had their labor day sales already and thought they'd have nothing. And he said that it was atleast worth a try. We arrive and headed toward the clearance racks. Found a pair. Oh, then another in a different wash! Then I was thinking, what about swim trunks? Just for the heck of it, I looked and found 2 decent pair. He went and tried them on. All perfect, and slightly snug, meaning he has room to loose if it happens. Whew! I was beginning to lose hope and thought we'd have to search the internet for shorts. I guess I was wrong about Kohls not going to have anything and I apologized to David. But wait, our story gets better. The swim trunks were both about $10, normally $40+ each. And one pair of shorts was $6 and the other $12, even though they were the same style, just different wash. When we checked out we thought it was worth a try to ask if they could honor the lower price for both considering those circumstances and the woman says, "Whatever makes you happy." Say what? Yep, so David got 2 pair of Levi shorts, normally $40 each for a total of $12. That's what I'm talking about. Now, of course I asked David if we should look at the size 32's and I got "the look" again. Only time will tell. I love that he's losing weight in a healthy way and that he's happy too, but I don't know if I can handle much more of this short dilemma on a monthly basis.

On a much lighter note....Go Buckeyes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Go, David!! Keep up the good work, kiddo.

Anonymous said...

Boy,
I'm so proud of you. Give yourself a big pat on the back. I still say, you have a "Popeye butt!"
Momma

Heidi,
Have you tried Yoga meditation? I'll have to explain. We'll have to talk. That's the only way I can fall asleep.
You know, I don't mean to be so mental but I think it's the season. It was October when the Boy left for bootcamp. Every season when October is upcoming, I get that foreboding, yuckiness (post-traumatic syndrome???) I can't help what my psyche does! You know what I mean. When I'm awake, I try my best to stay grounded and pray-lots and lots.
Sita