Thursday, September 20, 2007

Salsa In The Mouth, Good. Salsa In The Purse, Not So Good

Do you ever have the feeling that something bad is going to happen and then it actually does. I had a moment like that yesterday. I got home from work and with it being my early night off David and I decided to go out to eat and spend some time together, instead of diving into my books. When I got home I ran upstairs and changed. As I was putting on my brand new crocs t-shirt I just had this feeling that I was going to something on this shirt. I didn't think much of it, ran back downstairs and we head out. So where to eat? Casa Real? Casa Real it is....one of our favs. It's great food for a great price. And even better, David and I can share a meal and get out of there without spending more than $12 with tip and they're super fast. On with the story...we sit down and are munching on our chips and salsa, chatting it up, and our food arrives. Trying to be nice I attempt to move the salsa bowl out of our way for the waitress to set down our dish and "splash!" there it went. All the salsa. The waitress didn't know what to say but "oh!", my husband's laughing at me, and I just smile and accept the napkins from the waitress and say, "oh well." Okay, my shirt is spared, so technically my premonition didn't come true, however my shorts and purse didn't fair so well. And we're not talking just a splash on the purse. We're talking all the salsa on and in the purse. Ha, I just wanted to take some home with me that's all. David didn't realize that it was actually in the purse until I said, "I don't appreciate you laughing at me." That's when we knew I was serious and found out that it wasn't just on the bench but all over me and the purse. I cleaned it up with the million napkins from the waitress, we ate, and then went home so I could change and salvage items from my purse. Ah, that was fun. I just tell myself, it could be worse. It could've been on my new t-shirt and I guess God was trying to tell me it was time to wash that purse and change to a new one anyway.

I must share with you one more reason why I love our kids. As most people, we have a routine in the morning. We get up, I change into my gear upstairs while David heads downstairs to change and let Lily outside. By the time I come down it's time for her to come inside. You would think that she'd go to her bed and lay down, but every morning she sits in her spot, on a rug, in the kitchen, watching us move about. When it's time to stretch out she comes over to greet us and then heads back to her spot. Viking does the same thing. He'll be in the papisan chair but when he sees us hit the ground he comes for a greeting then heads back to his spot too. As we leave, Lily watches us walk out the door. I think it's cute because it's as though she's seeing us off in the morning. And when we arrive home, as we stick the key in the door you can see her head pop around the corner, out of her pod bed, and she comes to say, "Hi mom and dad, welcome home. How was your run?" It's just cute. And then when we pull out of the driveway, 9 times out of 10 you'll see Mr. J in the window watching as we leave. Once again, seeing us off. I can't help but think of that Tidy Cats commercial, where they're having the party. I just think that Mr. J is acting as the lookout and when we're gone he says, "Alright, They're gone. Let's have a party!" So silly I know, but it brings a smile to my face everytime each of them do it, and it just gives me one more reason to appreciate their presence.

No comments: