Wednesday, September 26, 2007

We've Got Grass

The little area in our backyard that I seeded last week is already producing some grass. Cool. I have't really ever grown grass or paid attention when my parents had, so I didn't expect it to produce that fast. It will be full and lush before we know it. Just one more little thing to beautify what's around us.

Ah, today is already Wednesday. David had an unexpected call this morning for work so he was unable to run. And instead of getting up as early as we usual do, I slept in a bit and then headed out on my own. It's amazing how your mind and body work. After learning that David had to go into work early I just thought to myself, "I'll just take the day off running." But would I let myself do that? Heck no. You almost guilt yourself into doing it. But I guess it's a good guilt trip in the scheme of things, eh? David's also having the same "problem" as me, so at least I know I'm not the only one guilting myself into running. It's so stupid if you think about it though. Because as you wake you have this, "ugggh" feeling but once you get out moving and afterwards you feel great. I guess if I look at the situation closer it's not so much tough to get out running, as it is to actually wake up at 5am and move. Okay, enough analyzing.

Our break in weather has come but it's real overcast today. I'm just waiting for it to start raining. As of yet I believe we've been in the pockets of no rain. We shall see as the day goes on. But it looks as though the cooler weather is here to stay for a couple days. A few degrees cooler would be even better.

Time to get ready for work. Have a wacky Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOh Rah
to you both! (or however you spell it.) It's discipline when it all comes down to it. I'm proud of you two. It might not be so fun getting up, as you stated, but it surely feels awesome being able to have that occassional ice cream or whatever your treat is, yet still being able to snap those little jeans with ease. Yup. Size 34 for the Boy and what are you a 5 for goodness sake! I'm gonna have to start calling you "Flaca" (skinny) instead of Heidi Bug.
xxxooo,
sita