Sunday, September 16, 2007

40 Pounds And Counting

I know I've already posted on here about David losing weight and changing sizes, but I just had to share with you something. The other day David came downstairs and said, "Well, I did it....I broke 200 pounds." I think that's so awesome and am very proud of him. Go, Baby, Go! And I've still lost and am maintaining at 115. So we are thrilled. It's kind of funny but you don't notice it until you start looking at pictures, even from a few months ago. I know I don't really look all that different, but David sure does. Those positive moments and looking at yourself in the mirror thinking, "is that really me?" are what drive you to get up at 5am and run in 49 degree weather....yeah, trust me, not that fun, but well worth it.

And as with previous posts, my hypothesis is still ringing true....the more adverse the conditions with being rainy and/or cool, the faster we go. It was quite chilly this morning and after transferring my Garmin info I noticed a lower average time. Looking through our run log, everytime we have a lower average time, it's been cold, rainy, or both. Guess my body's trying to tell me to go faster so I can get home faster. Today, I think David was just hyped about going to the Vikings game =) Whatever it is, it's working!

After working and visiting at the nursing home yesterday we spent the rest of the night bumming around. That included stopping at David's 'rents for awhile. It wasn't until a week ago that we found out they still we keeping some odds and ends of ours. Whoops! I was wondering where all my dresses went. I just thought I had thrown them in a Goodwill pile mistakenly. Nope, just at Sita and Alpa's that's all. So we dug through all our stuff and sorted things out.

I got to tell you about my hair dilemma. I actually blowdried and curled my hair yesterday, considering I thought I should be a little more professional with our first visit to the nursing home. It was a first time in a long time. Hey, give me a break, it takes forever to fix hair and you try doing that, on a daily basis, after running, and you're sweating your butt off in the bathroom. Not happening. Anyway, I realized a "tail" had appeared again. Yes Jacki, I have a tail too and I understand what your frustration was. It's something I don't usual notice, but it drove me nuts yesterday. I've also noticed that anytime I do my hair I get an achy neck or headache throughout the day. It's the weirdest thing. I'm figuring it's the flicking of my head trying to get it out of my face or something (and that's even with a clip or bobby pin). So Sita trimmed my tail last night and my hair feels much better today. I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it to the length it must be to donate. I've just had some roadblocks lately....my hair is starting to break off due to pulling it back everyday, which will not be changing anytime soon. Actually, the longer it gets, the more of the hair I will pull back. And my cousin told me that most people actual prefer synthetic wigs to real hair wigs. Kind of a bummer hearing that. So I'm just unsure about what to do at this point. I will admit that I should go more often and get my hair trimmed, but everytime I do, they hack it off and it's hard to find someone that I love how they do my hair, and I don't want to pay tons either. Personally I prefer my hair a little shorter than it is now, with it stacked in the back and longer in the front, but I also long to be able to pull my hair back in a ponytail. The problem is, when it gets long I never know what to do with it and it always becomes a hassle. And when it's short, I want it to be long and you have to go so often to get it trimmed. Don't you just wish we could have a switch that allows you to change your hair length on a daily basis?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to David (and you too, Heidi) on all the hard work and weight loss!!

Jacki said...

Congrats on getting in shape! That must be so motivating.

And I'm glad you understand my hair frustrations, Heidi. :)