Thursday, April 26, 2007

Belly Laughs

I got a decent amount accomplished yesterday even though it was pouring down rain. I started at Pat Catan's looking for items to mat and frame David's Marine Corps pictures. I wasn't looking for anything extravagant and was in luck. I found red mats and gold frames. I'm beginning to like this matting and framing stuff. It makes everything looks so nice and professional. And this time it wasn't so expensive. For 3 picture mats/frames it was only $30. Sweet. Now, just deciding where to hang them. You see, we've tried ridding our lives of the Marine Corps as much as we could due to all of David's horrible experiences...too many to mention here. But I think he has finally come to terms with most of them and realized it was a significant part of his life. And he's finally decided that he should be proud of himself and what he went through to accomplish all that he did. Not to mention, this should preserve the photographs. It's kind of cool too. He has his normal picture from boot camp, where he's in Blues. The second one is the entire platoon standing at attention. Then the third picture is almost like a school picture where it has all of the pictures where they are in their blues. They are individually listed, with their names under the pictures. The funny/interesting part is that the second picture is with 1st Battalion (who he dropped to and graduated with) and the third picture is with 3rd Battalion (who he started with).

Next, I went to Walmart and got several boxes to store items in. I about ripped my nails off when I was trying to place them in the cart. I'm sure if someone was watching me on a security camera they would have been laughing as I was doing the "pain dance" and shaking my hand about. And boy was that fun maneuvering a cart through a windy parking lot with pouring down rain and then getting them into the Aveo. They definitely fit with no problem but I was trying to control the boxes and cart without allowing the cart to hit my car, all while my fingers were still throbbing. Fun.

Then, I headed to the mall to get my bi-weekly pampering done...my manicure. I love to have that done. Of course now that I've been having them done close to a year I'm stuck with it and can't get away...not that I want to get away, but we'd save more money if I did. Ah, whatever, it's something small I can do for myself...I save money in other ways.

I headed home and cleaned a bit then finally started my scrapbook for Disney. I've had most of the items before we even went to Disney but now I finally got my pictures printed out. I actually had all of them printed before that are in a photo album but I had more reprinted just to make a scrapbook. As with all of my scrapbooks it's nothing fancy and no layering or crazy stuff like that. Just using colorful paper, cool scissors, and some stickers here and there.

That evening we went to Jen and Joe's for our weekly dinner and had Lasagna compliments of Eric. It was very good and as always fun. It's great to be able to chill and have some good belly laughs. You know the kind that almost want to make you vomit. Not that it's fun to feel that way...but you do consider it fun when it feels like forever since you've had a good laugh and you look at your life and say, "where did all the laughter go?" I guess that's what happens when you grow up and have a serious day-to-day job with bills staring you in the face at every moment. Don't get me wrong...I have a very happy life but it's not so carefree as it used to be and it's nice to have a night of laughs where you don't know what to do with yourself...when you're laughing so hard that you just start clapping your hands and have to lean over to try to catch your breath. By the way, why do people clap when they're laughing hard?? Any ideas? All I can say is that you shouldn't take a bite of ice cream and try to swallow it when you're laughing....

3 comments:

Jen said...

I see how it is. I'm not there and everyone has belly laughs...

:-(

I totally agree with you about where has the laughter gone. It pays to take a step back and just not care for a couple of hours about "grown-up stuff". With Joe, he makes it easy to have laughs, in a good way of course!

Randy Hammons said...

'If this was my house where would I put the peanut butter...'

BananaBuzzbomb said...

Hahaha! Thanks Randy! Oh Jen, did you miss a fun night...ah well, there will be more, I promise.