Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sunny Day

The weekend is here and it looks like it's going to be beautiful! I'm very excited. Today I'm planning on going up to Toledo to Levis Commons with Jen. The guys are going to stay home and hopefully we'll have some form of hole in our wall by the time we get home. David's wanting to put up a door and all in the hole. Of course I just want a hole in the wall and then we'll go from there. Yes, a door would be great, but I like to be realistic in thinking what can actually be done in one day. Anyway, then tomorrow is the start of our "wedding season." It's our first bridal shower of the season....for Tera and Gabe. So while us girls go to the shower the guys are planning on doing their usual thing...golfing. In between all of that I hope to be able to get out and just enjoy the weather. Every weekend in May we have something planned, which is great but it's hard to make sure you get things done around the house when you actually have something planned for each weekend. Of course if you break it down you only tend to have something planned 1 of the 2 days of the weekend. But when you want to tackle a project I try to give myself some breathing room, remembering that you always hit speedbumps in the road when trying to accomplish something. As always I have a list of items I want to have done by the end of the summer. But you know how that goes....limited time and limited money. I'd be happy just to have a few things accomplished...I'd even settle for 1 or 2 to have done, since they are pretty big jobs....like the kitchen cabinets and bedroom floor. We're still not sure what our plans are to bedroom floor still. Do we want to refinish it, paint it, or what? We could even leave it as is, but I can't see that happening. Well, since we're not doing that this weekend, I don't have to worry about it, so why should I? I'll keep you posted about the hole in the wall.

No comments: