Friday, April 13, 2007

Lifestyle Change

This weekend's going to be interesting. David has his gig up in Toledo tomorrow, but he also has to meet with the group this evening. So more than likely starting this evening at 6pm I probably won't see David for the next 24-48 hours. I'm going to an Arbonne party at 6, his meeting tonight is at 7 until?? Then tomorrow I work from 9-noon and he has to be up in Toledo at 1pm, meaning he has to leave the house probably around 11:30am. Then I have another party...Home and Garden. And I don't expect David home until atleast 1-2am considering the gig doesn't even start until 7:30pm and there's an opening act. Did you catch all of that?? I'm not sure even I did.

I ended up having the day off today due to the vacation schedule with 2 coworkers, so I've gotten some things done. I've also been fighting back cravings. Yes, that's right, here comes a lifestyle change.

About 2 years ago my dad was diagnosed with diabetes and started a hardcore lifestyle change. He was so inspiring that David and I also buckled down and I ended up losing around 20 excess pounds. Of course after several months I started to slack off and here I am still eating things I don't need to eat. And for some reason I've tried to buckle down and can't seem to have enough motivation or something. I think a big thing is that I'm not so motivated to lose 20 pounds, just a few this time and feel better about myself. I hate to call it a diet because I truly feel that it's a lifestyle change. I need to get my body back in check and remember you only eat to live and not live to eat. A very hard concept. The first few days are always hard because my mind keeps saying, "you're hungry" and I'm not really hungry. Listen to the belly, not the mind.

I'd like to be able to get to the point where I was before...when I'd walk down the aisle at the grocery store the sweets (donuts, cakes, etc.) actually made me feel sick to my stomach. Wishful thinking, I know, but I can at least hope. If it's happened once, it can happen again. David and I were talking about this the other day and it's almost as though you start to see food in a negative light. For instance, we tend to eat out a lot and when you're watching what you're eating, it's not so fun to eat out. In addition, the food you get tends to be more expensive and not be as satisfying. So you start to eat less. Another thing is that you start to eat at home more too, and I tend to eat the same thing over and over which once again makes you not want to eat that much. It's then that your body realizes that you don't need a full plate of food or several helpings but a small bit. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments: